Winnebago Industries Inc. has selected Rand McNally as its exclusive provider of mapping and routing services for its 2014 motorhomes.
According to a news release, Rand McNally’s award-winning RV GPS navigation will be featured as part of the new X1 family of “Infotainment” systems from XiteSolutions North America, available in Winnebago, Itasca and Winnebago Touring Coach motorhomes.
Winnebago Industries has chosen the new X1S 6-inch and X1DM 10.4-inch “Infotainment” systems. The company said that the 10.4-inch display is the largest integrated, in-dash OEM solution in the RV market today.
“Our Winnebago Industries motorhome owners expect the best from us. We’ve partnered with the navigation industry’s best – Rand McNally – to provide navigation and routing information specific to RV travel, providing RV-specific stops along the way and enhancing the trip experience,” said Russ Garfin, product manager for Winnebago.
Rand McNally’s RV software includes:
• Specialized routing and turn-by-turn spoken directions in the U.S. and Canada for 11 different classes of RV.
• Navigation based on legal and physical restrictions, such as height, width, weight limits and propane restrictions, and the ability to favor right- or left-hand turns depending on motorhome class.
• Warnings for speed limit changes, sharp curves, dirt roads, and other potential hazards.
• Millions of points of interest including those specialized for RVs: RV Campgrounds with detailed amenities, RV dealers and maintenance facilities, dump stations, rest stops, travel centers and pet-friendly locations.
• RV Checklists/Maintenance Logs/Trails.
• Rand McNally featured road trips, including Best of the Road, Regional Trips, Scenic Tours and Weekend Getaways.
• 2D/3D Maps with Junction View.
• Multistop route optimization.
• User-configurable warnings to assist in creating detours, choosing to permanently avoid road segments, and receiving warnings for upcoming hazards such as bridges and construction
“Being selected as the exclusive GPS provider by industry leaders such as Winnebago Industries and XiteSolutions North America recognizes the routing expertise and superior user experience that Rand McNally has developed,” said Rand McNally CEO Dave Muscatel.