The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association’s (RVIA) 2012 Industry Profile, which provides a statistical portrait of RV production and sales from last year, has been published and is now available to the industry.
According to a press release, the publication offers a detailed look at RV production and shipment statistics, including historical comparisons of shipment figures and dollar volume as well as production breakdowns by product type and shipment destination.
Key findings from the 2012 Industry Profile include:
• Wholesale RV shipments reached their highest annual level since 2007 at 285,700 units, a 13.2% increase over the previous year.
• The total retail value of those shipments neared $11 billion ($10.8 billion), a 20% increase over the $9.03 billion total in 2011.
• Indiana continues to lead the country in RV production, manufacturing 83% off all RVs in the U.S.
• Texas is the top destination for RV shipments, receiving 8% of the total. California (5.87%), Michigan (4.98%), Florida (3.52%) and New York (3.19%) round out the top five.
• An analysis of the production highlights and a demographic profile of the RV consumer are also included in the publication.
A copy of the 2012 Industry Profile was sent to all RVIA members. Additional copies for members as well as industry contacts are available through the publications store at www.rvia.org.