Winnebago Industries Inc. introduced the Forza Class A diesel motorhome for the first time to retail consumers at The Rally, the Camping World/Good Sam event held in Syracuse at the New York State Fairgrounds held last weekend.
According to a press release, thousands of RVers and enthusiasts were on-hand for the event to view the Forza, built on the Freightliner XCS straight-rail chassis with a Cummins 340-hp diesel engine and Allison six-speed transmission. Winnebago said the Class A also offers increased storage capacity with its Smart Storage design. Interior amenities include polished Corian galley countertops, coffee glazed cabinetry, upscale entertainment features and LED lighting.
Arnold and Jean Bye from Waunakee, Wis., were impress with the new Forza, according to the company. “We are looking for a small diesel with a queen bed in the traditional position so we could use it without putting the slides out,” the couple stated. “We love the mid-entry. We have a 40-footer now and we want to downsize – this is perfect for us. We can get eight people around the sectional table. The side swing doors allow easy access to great storage for a small unit. I also love the passenger seat with the table for all my maps and the laptop.
Available in two affordably-priced floorplans – the 34T and 38R – Forza standard features include:
• Powered driver and passenger seats in leatherette.
• Radio/rearview color monitor system with 6-inch touch screen and powered mirrors with defrost/side-view cameras.
• Powered MCD visor shade for the front windshield and MCD blackout shades in the coach area.
• Soft vinyl ceilings, LED ceiling lights and vinyl tile flooring throughout.
• Home theater sound bar with DVD/CD player.
• Full-coach water filtration system, 6,000-watt Cummins Onan diesel generator, 2,000-watt inverter/charger and roof A/C with heat pump.
• Hydraulic leveling jacks, dual-glazed coach windows, heated holding tank compartment and winterization package.
• Powered patio awning with LED lighting and exterior wash station.
• Low profile allows unit to fit through 12-foot door opening while having storage oup to 228 cubic feet (38R).
Options include a fireplace, lounger, powered StudioLoft (34T only), stackable washer/dryer, automatic HDTV satellite antenna system, satellite radio, and Ideal Rest Noveau air sleep system.