Winnebago Rolls Out Solei at FMCA Gathering
Winnebago Industries Inc. introduced the Itasca Solei for the first time to retail consumers at the Family Motor Coach Association’s (FMCA) Gillette 2013 Family Reunion and Motorhome Showcase event held in Gillette, Wyo., this weekend. According to a press release, the Gillette gathering is a culmination of FMCA’s 50th birthday celebration.
Hundreds of motorhomes are on hand for the event where the Itasca Solei made its debut. The all-new, attractively priced Solei is built on a Freightliner XCS straight-rail chassis featuring a 340 hp Cummins diesel engine coupled with a six-speed Allison transmission .
Interior amenities include polished Corian galley countertops, coffee-glazed cabinetry, LED ceiling lights and upscale entertainment features. Smart Storage, an integral part of both the 34T and 38R floorplans, also offers plenty of room for storing items.
“This 34-foot Solei is smaller in length than the unit I am in now, but actually has more usable storage and floorplan space,” said John Dogger of Hinkley, Ohio, during the rally. “It’s also less than 12 feet tall, so I could fit it in my garage. I love the 340hp Cummins diesel engine on such a well-priced motorhome.
“I’ve owned motorhomes for 25 years and have always known Winnebago to be the best in the market, but I’ve never owned one before now. That may change soon. The Solei is a home run, an absolute home run.”
Solei standard features include:
• Powered driver and passenger seats in leatherette.
• Radio/rearview color monitor system with six-inch touch screen and powered mirrors with defrost/side-view cameras.
• Powered MCD visor shade for the front windshield and MCD blackout shades in the coach area.
• Soft vinyl ceilings, Comfort sofa/sleeper (38R) and extendable Comfort sofa/sleeper and movable drop leaf table (34T).
BenchMark dinette with Dream Dinette table (38R), vinyl tile flooring throughout and home theater sound bar with DVD/CD player.
• Full-coach water filtration system, 6,000-watt Cummins Onan diesel generator, 2,000-watt inverter/charger.
• Roof A/C with heat pump, hydraulic leveling jacks, dual-glazed coach windows.
• Fireplace, +Lounger, powered StudioLoft (34T only), stackable washer/dryer, automatic HDTV satellite antenna system, satellite radio, and Ideal Rest Noveau air sleep system.