Editor’s Note: The following is a list of RV-related recalls for May compiled by the National Highway Transportation Safety Association (NHTSA).
• Jayco Inc. is recalling certain model year 2014 White Hawk travel trailers manufactured May 17, 2013, through May 21, 2013. The A/C to D/C converter may not be properly grounded to the frame. Jayco will notify owners and dealers will inspect the wiring for the converter. If needed, they will add the provided ground wire, free of charge. The recall began on June 21, 2013. Owners may contact Jayco at 1-800-283-8267.
• Spartan Motors Inc. is recalling certain model year 2012-2013 K2, K3, and MM motorhomes manufactured March 2, 2012, through July 30, 2012 and equipped with a 1660 independent front suspension supplied by Reyco Granning. The motorhomes may have incorrect wheel bearings installed in the front suspension. Spartan will notify owners and dealers will inspect the bearings and replace them, as needed, free of charge. The recall began on July 8, 2013. Owners may contact Spartan at 1-517-543-6400. Spartan’s campaign number is 13-009.
• Forest River Inc. is recalling certain model year 2014 Sunseeker, Forester, Lexington, and Solera motorhomes manufactured between April 1, 2013, through May 21, 2013. The battery isolation manager (BIM) can develop a short circuit. A short circuit may result in smoke, melting or a fire. Forest River will notify owners and will replace the BIM. The recall is expected to begin during July 2013. Owners may contact Forest River Customer Service at 1-574-206-7600.
• Thor Motor Coach is recalling certain model year 2006-2013 Windsport, model year 2006-2010 Magellan, model year 2007-2013 Hurricane, model year 2009-2013 Serrano and model year 2011-2013 A.C.E motorhomes. The motorhomes are equipped with an RV Custom Products Battery Control Center (BCC) which may experience a failure while the motorhome is in motion. Thor will notify owners, and dealers will rewire the BCC free of charge. A notification schedule has not yet been provided. Customers may contact Thor at 1-877-855-2867. Thor’s recall campaign number is RC000077.
• EverGreen Recreational Vehicles LLC is recalling certain model year 2010-2012 Ever-Lite and Element travel trailers. The trailers are equipped with propane cylinders that may leak gas or rupture. EverGreen will notify owners and dealers will replace the propane cylinder, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin by July 19, 2013. Owners may contact Evergreen 1-574-825-4298.
• Nu Wa Industries Inc. (dba Kansas RV Center) is recalling one model year 2006 Hitchhiker Champagne Edition recreational vehicle. Due to a design change in the power awning motor assembly, the motor assembly screws may unknowingly shear. Nu Wa Industries Inc. will notify the one owner and Dometic staff will replace the affected motor with a motor of a different design, free of charge. The notification was mailed to the owner on July 8, 2013. Owners may contact Nu Wa at 1-620-431-2088 or Dometic at 1-888-447-0003 for more information. Owners are being instructed not to drive their vehicle until repairs can be performed.
• Starcraft RV Inc. is recalling certain model year 2014 Launch Ultra Light travel trailers manufactured April 1, 2013, through April 10, 2013. An incorrect cargo carrying capacity is printed on the RV Trailer Cargo Carrying Capacity Label and the Tire and Loading Information Placard. Thus, the trailers fail to conform to the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 110, “Tire Selection and Rims for Passenger Cars.” Starcraft will notify owners, and dealers will replace the labels. The recall is expected to begin in late July 2013. Owners may contact Starcraft at 1-800-945-4787.
• Prevost Car Co. is recalling certain model year 2013 X3-45 Le Mirage Entertainer XL2 coach shells and certain model year 2014 X3-45 highway coaches manufactured October 9, 2012, through June 6, 2013. Improper voltage is being supplied to the tail lamps causing the brightness of the tail lamps to exceed the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 108, “Lamps, Reflective Devices, and Associated Equipment.” Prevost will notify owners and dealers will update the lamp controller software to ensure the correct voltage is reaching the affected lamps, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Prevost’s recall number is SR13-53. Owners may contact Prevost at 1-336-393-2233.