- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
Young Executives Format Slated at RVDA Expo
Posted By RVBusiness On July 31, 2013 @ 10:30 am In Breaking News | No Comments
A series of track workshops has been tagged for young RV executives attending the RV Dealers International Convention/Expo, Sept. 30 – Oct. 4 in Las Vegas.
According to a press release, the Convention/Expo Committee also developed two special workshops designed to appeal to the needs and professional development goals of these younger members.
A special session on Wednesday (Oct. 2) features new presenter David Nelson of VitalSmarts, and Thursday’s special session will be presented by Jim Rogers, chairman and CEO of Kampgrounds of America Inc. (KOA).
A new logo added to the convention matrix of events will note workshops that have been recommended for young RV executives.
Results from a spring survey of young RV executives and input from volunteer members were the basis for the content of the workshops chosen. This emphasis on younger members is part of an outreach effort initiated by RVDA Chairman Jeff Hirsch earlier this year.
The goal is to meet the needs of younger members and to support future leadership for the organization.
David Nelson of VitalSmarts will present a session created especially to appeal to young RV executives on Wednesday afternoon. “Influencer: The New Science of Personal Success” will give attendees powerful strategies to create rapid, dramatic and permanent change in others.
Nelson will share the six sources of influence that make organizational change inevitable and identify high-leverage behaviors that lead to swift change.
Immediately following this session, a brief networking reception for young executives will take place.
The final session in the program will feature the Rogers as he shares his premise that “Luck is When Preparation Meets Opportunity.” Rogers, noted most recently for his television appearance on “Undercover Boss,” began at KOA as a management trainee in 1972, and following a successful career with Harrah’s returned to his roots at KOA as chairman and CEO. Young executives attending his session will learn his theory of how businesses need to build their own future.
Below is the full listing of education events carrying the young RV executives tag. A full description and schedule appears online. There is at least one session in every time slot.
Wednesday, Oct. 2
• “Nobody Moved Your Cheese!” Presented by Ross Shafer.
• “Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes are High.” Presented by David Nelson.
• “Crucial Accountability: Tools for Resolving Broken Promises and Violated Expectations.” Presented by David Nelson.
• “Still Surprised by Why People Do What They Do?” Presented by David Spader of Spader Business Management.
• Special Session: “Influencer: The New Science of Personal Success.” Presented by David Nelson.
Thursday, Oct. 3
• “Grow Your Leadership & Management Skills.” Presented by Paul Webb of Paul Webb Training/WebbVT.
• “Dealership Culture – The Ultimate Differentiator.” Presented by Gary McGugan of NEEDS Selling Solutions.
• “A Day in the Life of a Successful Sales Manager.” Presented by Michael Rees.
• Special Session: “Luck is When Preparation Meets Opportunity.” Presented by Jim Rogers.
For more information about the young RV executives program, contact Julianne Ryder at RVDA by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at (703) 591-7130, ext. 111.
A free app from Guidebook.com is available for registrants, featuring a complete agenda, expo map, and the ability to create and save a personal schedule. The app gives users regular updates, allows information sharing within social networks, and works on any mobile device.
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2013/07/young-executives-format-slated-at-rvda-expo/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.