- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
Learning Center, FRVTA Renewing Tech Alliance
Posted By RVBusiness On August 2, 2013 @ 1:56 pm In Breaking News | No Comments
For the eighth consecutive year, the RV Learning Center and the Florida RV Trade Association (FRVTA) have renewed their partnership to provide online training for RV dealership personnel through the Distance Learning Network (DLN). The DLN represents a convenient and cost-effective way to provide dealership training.
Dealers taking a yearly subscription to the DLN receive unlimited access to more than 50 training sessions, coursework reviews, and test preparation sections. They’re available anytime throughout the program year and all a dealer needs for access is a high-speed internet connection.
The 2013-14 DLN program includes a broad curriculum designed to improve the performance of most dealership personnel, including:
• RV Technician Certification Preparation Course: More than 40 hours of instruction will help train and prepare RV service technicians for the RVDA-RVIA RV Service Technician Certification test, and completion fulfills recertification requirements.
• Service Writer/Advisor Course: This three-hour program is ideal for both veteran service writer/advisors and new hires. Presented by service writer/advisor veteran Andrea Blackmon, the program helps prepare your personnel for the RV Learning Center’s Service Writer/Advisor Certification test. Completion of the course counts toward recertification requirements.
• Advanced/Manufacturer Specific Training: Features product-specific training from RV manufacturers and suppliers from within the RV industry.
• RV Greeter – Receptionist Course: A 50-minute program that covers: the importance of customer service; the skills and expectations for the RV receptionist; the importance of making the right first impression; communicating on the phone; handling difficult customers; and organizational techniques for the workplace. The program is suitable for all persons needing customer service skills. The program includes a final exam and certificate of completion.
“Because it’s delivered right to your dealership, this is extremely cost effective training and that is important as dealerships will have more employees to train as the economy improves,” said FRVTA Executive Director Lance Wilson. “FRVTA also provides mentor support and encouragement throughout the year, once the dealership is signed up for the program.”
“We’re pleased to renew this partnership, because it offers so much value to dealers. If your dealership needs to kick start a training program quickly, this is the way to go,” said RV Learning Center Chairman Jeff Pastore of Hartville RV Center in Hartville, Ohio. “The DLN training model truly simplifies the training process for dealers and offers unparalleled convenience.”
The only requirement to participate is a high-speed internet connection. A video cable connected to a television is also useful for group training. A one-year subscription to the program costs $995 per dealership location. The subscription term is August 1, 2013 – July, 31, 2014.
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2013/08/learning-center-frvta-renewing-tech-alliance/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.