Interior of Winnebago Journey 42E motorhome
Winnebago Industries Inc. has blended luxury and comfort in its new 2014 Winnebago Journey and Itasca Meridian Class A motorhome lines.
According to a press release, the coaches offer Corian solid-surface countertops and backsplashes, coffee-glazed hardwood cabinetry, Ultraleather furniture, and top-of-the-line entertainment features. Built on the Freightliner Maxum chassis, the new editions offer up to 246 cubic feet of storage and are available in four floorplans, including:
Attractive features such as a full-wall slideout, an extendable sectional Comfort sofa sleeper and an extendable dining table with buffet are included in this elegant floorplan. The spacious bedroom features a queen bed or available king bed, large wardrobe, chest of drawers and available stackable washer and dryer.
36 M floorplan
The 36M features three slideouts, including a full-wall slide on the passenger’s side that offers two Ultraleather sofas, a pullout island and a Glide and Dine dining table with buffet. The Glide and Dine is a Winnebago-designed dining table that allows horizontal adjustment of the table to any of the numerous locking positions, as well as expansion of the length of the table to accommodate additional seating positions. The master bedroom has lots of storage with a large wardrobe and chest of drawers flanking the queen-size bed.
The 40U is a quad-slide floorplan that provides a true residential feel with a spacious lounge, complete with an Ultraleather Rest Easy extendable sectional sofa, a Euro recliner with a pullout table and an optional fireplace. The full-featured galley with four-door refrigerator or optional residential refrigerator also features an extendable dining table and chairs with buffet. The split bath features the “BIG Shower” and provides the privacy and freedom for two people to get ready at the same time. The bedroom features a queen bed or king bed with a large wardrobe and a chest of drawers, as well as optional stackable washer and dryer.
The 42E features 43-feet- 7-inches of luxury with three distinct living areas. The front lounge features an Ultraleather Rest Easy extendable sectional sofa and Euro recliner with a pullout table, an HDTV with hidden storage behind, available fireplace, and the front Ultraleather cab seats swivel to provide additional seating. The full-featured galley offers a pullout island, four-door refrigerator or available residential refrigerator, and extendable dining table and chairs with buffet. The half bath provides additional convenience for company or for two people to get ready at the same time. The rear private master bath features the “BIG Shower,” storage, and available stackable washer and dryer. The bedroom features a powered queen bed or available powered king bed and large wardrobe.
Other highlights include
* TrueAir® maximum comfort A/C.
* MCD Duo solar/blackout roller shades throughout coach.
* PowerLine energy management system.
* Premier clearcoat automotive finish.
* LED ceiling lights that reduce energy consumption by up to 70%.
* Power mirrors with defrost and integrated side-view color cameras.
* Powered patio awning with metal wrap and integrated LED patio lighting.
* New convenient exterior LPG accessory connection near patio area.
* Automatic hydraulic leveling jacks with three-position controls.
* Freightliner Maxum Chassis boasting a 29,410-pound GVWR, 340-hp 6.7L Cummins ISB diesel engine (34B); 32,350-pound GVWR, 360-hp 6.7L Cummins ISB XT diesel engine (36M); increased GVWR of 37,320 pounds with 380-hp 8.9L Cummins ISL diesel engine (40U); 44,320-pound GVWR, 400-hp 8.9L Cummins ISL diesel engine, tag axle (42E).
* Allison 3,000 MH six-speed automatic transmission.
* 10,000-pound hitch (34B, 36M, and 40U); 15,000-pound hitch (42E).
* Stylized aluminum wheels.
* 55-degree wheel cut for maneuverability.
* TRW tilt and telescope steering column with foot-actuated pedal for driving comfort.
* New Infotainment Center with AM/FM, CD/DVD player, SiriusXM™ satellite radio, Bluetooth, iPod/iPhoneaudio integration, outside temperature, compass, color rearview camera, side-view camera, 10.4-inch color touch-screen monitor with split-screen function, second passenger side monitor, and Rand McNally RV GPS safe and easy routing, amenities and tools, trips and content, and turn-by-turn voice guidance.
* Six beautiful full-body paint styles and three great choices of interior decor and coffee-glazed cabinet finish, including the new coffee-glazed honey cherry and forest cherry