- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
August Shipments Up 2%, Motorhomes Up 34%
Posted By RVBusiness On September 30, 2013 @ 10:25 am In Breaking News,RVIA Wholesale Shipments | No Comments
Shipments to retailers of all RVs products were reported at 24,995 units in the August survey of manufacturers, 2.2% greater than the same month a year ago, the Recreation Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA) reported Monday (Sept. 30).
Although towables were off a marginal 1.4% from August of 2012, motorhomes more than made up the difference finishing ahead of this month last year by 34.5% — for the best August total since 2007, nearly 50% greater than August of 2008.
Year to date, RV shipments have reached 226,125 units through August and represent an annualized pace of more than 310,000 units. All RV product categories except folding camping trailers have improved this year, with conventional travel trailers growing by the most units and Class C motorhomes tallying the largest percentage gain.
In a nutshell, U.S. RV manufacturers through August shipped:
• .3% more travel trailers for the month and 11.4% more than 2013 for the first eight months for a year-to-date total of 140,318 units.
• 3.9% fewer fifth-wheels for August, a 6.6% YTD gain for a total of 49,242 units.
• 9.1% fewer folding camping trailers than 2012 for the month and 3.3% fewer YTD for the year. Total: 8,475 units.
• 23.5% fewer truck campers for the month, up 1% YTD to 2,466 units.
• 31.7% more Class A motorhomes in August for a YTD gain of 33% to 12,399 units.
• .6% fewer Class B van campers for August, resulting in a 2.2% YTD gain on total shipments of 1,453 units.
• 45% more Class C motorhomes in August, leading to a 42.8% YTD improvement over 2012 on shipments of 11,772 units.
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2013/09/august-shipments-up-2-motorhomes-up-34/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.