TMC ’14 Lines Garner ‘Strong Dealer Response’
Thor Motor Coach (TMC) showcased its diverse lineup of new products to a legion of dealers Wednesday (Sept. 18) during the second day of the Elkhart County RV Open House in northern Indiana.
According to a press release, dealers were enthusiastic about the company’s 2014 product offerings as Thor’s display at the RV/MH Hall of Fame included nearly 50 motorhomes.
Along with the “game-changing introduction” of the RUV (Recreational Utility Vehicle), existing products featured new floorplans, sleek decors, amenity upgrades and standard features. Product debuts included:
• The A.C.E. gas motorhome added the 30.2 bunk model, functionally designed to offer family friendly extra sleeping capacity.
• The Hurricane and Windsport expanded its floorplan offerings with the addition of the 27K floorplan. The most compact floorplan to date, the 27K offers features like a king bed, side vision cameras and automatic leveling jacks.
• The luxury Challenger gas motorhome showcased a creative bath-and-a-half 37LX floorplan. This full-wall slide new model offers ample living and storage areas, making extended trips comfortable.
• A newcomer in the market, the Miramar line includes the family friendly 34.3 floorplan with bunk beds in a full basement model. This stylish coach introduced earlier this year, continues to gain popularity in the market place, according to TMC.
• A new ultraluxury Tuscany 44MT floorplan offers a sleek and sophisticated decor. The 44-foot diesel pusher with rear bath joins three other floorplans in the flagship Tuscany lineup. The Tuscany XTE 40GQ floorplan features a new front cap with vertical headlights and an expansive 436 square feet of living space.
• Boasting the largest market share growth for any diesel pusher in North America, according to TMC, the Palazzo presented the new 35.1 floorplan featuring abundant basement storage, innovative triple-slide layout and Denver Mattress king bed.
• Four Winds and Chateau Class C’s stress comfortable living spaces with the 31E and 31W floorplans. Both models feature a full-wall slide, but with a twist. The 31E is directed towards families with bunk beds on the driver side of the coach, away from the patio area. The 31W provides huge storage spaces throughout the living area and basement.
• The diesel-powered 35SG Outlaw toy hauler is equipped with a Ford F-550 cab chassis. This is the first Class C model offered in the Outlaw. Standard features include a 6.7-liter PowerStroke diesel engine with 660-pound-foot of torque, 10,000-pound towing capacity, automotive frameless windows and a patio deck with awning.
“Response on the new products has been tremendous,” says Jon Krider from Thor Motor Coach. “Dealers are here in full force and we are extremely grateful for their partnership. Our team at Thor Motor Coach has pushed creativity and product design into overdrive. We are driven by the feedback we receive from consumers who own our motorhomes. This is just a sample of things to come from our team.”
For more information go to http://ThorMotorCoach.com.