Bigger California Show Slated to Run Oct. 11-20
The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association’s (RVIA) 61st Annual California RV Show is set to take place Oct. 11–20 at the Fairplex in Pomona, showcasing the latest RV products and accessories to consumers.
According to a news release, this year’s event will cover 664,000 square feet of exhibit space, a significant jump over the 572,100 square feet used at last year’s show. This will include 1,200 RVs on display and a 20,000-square-foot supplier tent filled with accessories and camping gear.
The California RV Show will also include a number of features to inform, entertain and engage show attendees, including:
• The KOA Campground Entrance – After a popular debut last year as the main show entry point, the mock campground entrance will return this year. Sponsored by Kampgrounds of America Inc. (KOA), it will cover 15,000 square feet of landscaped exhibit space and feature RV products from Columbia Northwest/Aliner Inc., Fleetwood RV Inc., Pleasure-Way Industries Inc., Thor Industries Inc., Tiffin Motorhomes Inc. and Winnebago Industries Inc. KOA will have a deluxe cabin and teepee on display for attendees to tour along with staff on hand to answer questions and help make reservations.
There will also be a 24-foot Bowlus Road Chief trailer on display in the entrance. This $100,000 aluminum designed trailer is a complete remake of the 1935 Hawley Bowlus trailers that were made after the company completed the Spirit of St. Louis airplane.
• RV Power Hour – CEOs from several leading companies will meet with guests in the seminar tent on Oct. 12, including Columbia Northwest CEO Ned Collins, Fleetwood RV President and COO John Draheim, KOA’s Jim Rodgers, Lance Camper Manufacturing Corp. President and CEO Jack Cole, and RVIA President Richard Coon with more expected to be added.
• RV Factory Showcase – Different RV product types will be showcased in this popular area with RV manufacturer representatives on hand to meet with attendees and provide production demonstrations. Fleetwood RV, Forest River Inc., Tiffin, Roadtrek Motorhomes Inc. and Winnebago are currently scheduled to make presentations.
• Seminars and Entertainment – An entire new lineup of RV-themed seminars from RV Handyman Dave Solberg will be offered throughout the show. These include “Boondocking – How to Extend Your Battery Usage While Dry Camping”; “Camping in National Parks”; “Getting Started with Tent Campers”; “Must Have RV Apps”; “Navigating with a GPS”; “RV Driving Seminars”; “Cool Tools Needed for RVing”; “Travelling with Pets”; “Toyhaulin’, Hookin’ Haulin and Having Fun”; “RV Stay Vacations Near L.A.”
• “Go Country Day” is scheduled for Oct. 13 with local KFROG radio station broadcasting country western music from their Airstream trailer. “Fiesta Day” is scheduled for Oct. 20. T52 Telemundo, the largest Los Angeles television station, will team with QueBuena radio station to give away prizes throughout the day.
• For the kids entertainment there will a “Kids Fishing Area,” where kids can learn to fish for free and a new Great White Shark Encounter with a diver feeding live great white sharks!
• RV Sweepstakes – A 2014 Lance toy hauler will be given away at the conclusion of the show. Also, in conjunction with Keystone RV Co., KOA will be drawing for the winner of the Keystone Cougar travel trailer being displayed at the show.
For any questions contact Tom Gaither, RVIA western show director, or Gloria Reeder, show coordinator, at (818) 248-6600.