Camping Canada’s RV Lifestyle Magazine and Dealer News will present the 2013 Walter Paseska Canadian RV Dealer of the Year Award during this year’s Canada Night on Dec. 2 at the Galt House Hotel as part of the upcoming Louisville Show.
This year’s nominees include: Ian Moore of Big Boy’s Toys, Kyle Redmond of Bucars RV Centre, Terry Rumpel of Glenwood RV Centre and Herb Cowen of Pike Lake Golf Centre. According to a press release, all have demonstrated tremendous dedication and leadership in their business and in the community.
To register for the event click here. Cost is $65 per person prior to Nov. 25 or $85 at the door. A cocktail reception will start at 5:50 p.m. followed by dinner at 7 p.m.
The following offers a brief bio on the four candidates for the Walter Paseska Canadian RV Dealer of the Year Award:
Ian Moore, Big Boy’s Toy
• Owner and President of Big Boy’s Toys.
• Involved in family RV business since 1998; 15-year veteran.
• Served on RVDA of BC Board in various capacities.
• Current Past Chairman of RVDA of Canada Board.
• Supports Scouts Canada, Canadian Cancer Society’s Wishful Thinking Foundation & Relay For Life, Royal Legion Poppy Fund.
• Active supporter of annual food drive for local food bank and community literacy.
Kyle Redmond, Bucars RV Centre
• General manager of Bucars RV Centre.
• Involved with family business since 1989; 24-year veteran.
• Bucars RV Centre is one of the founding members of RVDA of Alberta (1959).
• Served on RVDA of Alberta board from 2007 and just finished tenure as president.
• Current Chairman of RVDA of Canada.
• Supports Rotary Club of Calgary, Young Canadians of Calgary Stampede, Kids Cancer Care Foundation of Alberta and local community groups providing medical care and housing support.
Terry Rumpel, Glenwood RV Centre
• Involved with RVDA of Saskatchewan since 1996.
Served on all positions on the RVDA of Saskatchewan board, including director, 1999-2000; treasurer, 2001-2007, 2008 – present; president, 2007;
• Avid supporter of Make A Wish Foundation; granted numerous wishes of children ages 3 to 17 going on family camping trips.
Herb Cowen, Pike Lake Golf Centre
• 30-year RV industry veteran.
• Pike Lake Golf Centre started as an RV dealership and gradually expanded to inclusion of campground and golf course.
• Served on Ontario RVDA (ORVDA) board in numerous capacities; current past president.
• Hosted CRVA/ORVDA Golf Classic for over 25 years.
• Supports charity golf events benefiting the town of Minto Fire Department.