- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
RVDA of Canada Elects Redmund as Chairman
Posted By RVBusiness On October 8, 2013 @ 12:34 pm In Breaking News,News In Focus | 1 Comment
Kyle Redmond of Bucars RV Centre in Balzac, Alberta, has been elected as the new chairman of the Recreation Vehicle Dealers Association (RVDA) of Canada.
According to a press release, Bucars RV Centre is a family owned and operated RV dealership that “prides itself in providing quality products and services for RV enthusiasts.” Redmond has been involved with Bucars RV Centre since the Redmond family purchased the dealership in 1989 and on a full-time basis since 1998.
“I am really very honored to have been elected by my peers as the new chairman of the RVDA of Canada,” said Redmond. “I look forward to further advancing our members’ positions regarding the critical issues that face RV dealers and the industry today.”
Redmond was born in Calgary and has lived there for most of his life. He started working in the RV industry in the summer of 1989 in the service department of the dealership owned by his parents. Through the years, Kyle has worked at just about every job in the dealership, from washing RVs and renting tent trailers during the summers to service manager and now general manager.
Redmond earned a bachelors in physics from the University of Montana and worked in the oil industry for a few years before returning to his family roots. With his father, Bill Redmond, retired, he and his brother, Jeff, share the responsibility of running the business. With the increased volume of sales the dealership moved to a much larger location in Balzac in 2006, just outside of Calgary.
Redmund has served on the board of the RVDA of Alberta as a director, has chaired the Calgary RV Show Committee and is also the current president of the RVDA of Alberta.
Other officers for the 2013-2014 year are:
• Vice Chairman George Goodrick, Adventure Sports Ltd., Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
• Treasurer Sam Parks, Camp-Out RV Ltd., Stratford, Ontario
• Past Chairman Ian Moore, Big Boy’s Toys, Nanoose Bay, British Columbia.
RVDA of Canada’s current board members are:
• Gord Bragg, Hub City RV, Lantzville, British Columbia.
• Marty Vellner, Vellner Leisure Products, Red Deer, Alberta.
• Darren Gelowitz, Village RV, Regina, Saskatchewan.
• Jim Gorrie, GNR Camping World, Winnipeg, Manitoba.
• Jean-Francois Lussier, Horizon Lussier, Marieville, Quebec.
• Bruce Marsh, Cape Breton Trailer Sales, Bras d’Or, Nova Scotia.
• Jonathan Stone, Stone’s RV Centre, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia.
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2013/10/rvda-of-canada-elects-redmund-as-chairman-2/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.