- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
RVTravel.com Polls Reveal RVer Trends, Habits
Posted By RVBusiness On November 4, 2013 @ 12:04 pm In Breaking News | No Comments
The surveys at RVTravel.com have provided an interesting look into lives and habits of RVers. Editor Chuck Woodbury’s latest column details the findings over nearly a decade of surveys. Highlights include:
• Half use disposable gloves when dumping their holding tanks. One-third use no gloves at all.
• 17% have traveled more than 700 miles in a single day with their RV.
• 74% are members of the Good Sam Club.
•86% use an online banking service.
• Two thirds always use toilet additives.
• 38% travel with a motorhome longer than 30 feet.
• 3.5% travel with a Class B motorhome.
• 24% travel with a fifth-wheel trailer.
• Two thirds prefer an RV park to “primitive camping.”
• 23% turn off the propane at the tank while traveling.
• 28% have never taken a commercial RV tour but hope to one day.
• The RV roofs of 45% of those polled have leaked one time or more.
• On their next RV purchase, 45% likely buy from the same manufacturer that made their present RV.
• 58% use a printed campground directory less than they did five years before.
• 69% use liquid soap in your RV’s bathroom’s wash basin.
• 60% travel with a dog or cat, about four-to-one dogs to cats.
• Most get along with their spouse the same on the road as at home, but 24% get along better (and 5% worse).
• Only 30% have never experienced holding tank odors in your RV.
To see more details and read Woodbury’s entire column, click here.
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2013/11/rvtravel-com-polls-reveal-rver-trends-habits/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.