- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
FMCA Identifies Charities to Aid at Perry Confab
Posted By RVBusiness On February 27, 2014 @ 10:52 am In Breaking News | No Comments
The Family Motor Coach Association (FMCA), a Cincinnati-based international motorhome owners group, will host its 89th Family Reunion & Motorhome Showcase at the Georgia National Fairgrounds & Agricenter in Perry, set to run March 17-20.
According to a press release, FMCA has made it a goal to give back to the communities it visits for conventions and the group has targeted several charities during the Perry convention, including:
• A chapter of FMCA is scheduled to participate in a Habitat for Humanity build hosted by the Coastal Empire Habitat for Humanity Affiliate in Savannah, Ga, from March 23 to April 5. The owners of 12 motorhomes are signed up to take part in this build. FMCA members will be able to make donations for future builds at the Habitat booth located in the FMCA Information Center in Perry. All contributions received will be donated in FMCA’s name to Habitat for Humanity; no administrative fees will be retained by FMCA.
• A group of FMCA members who enjoy quilting have been stitching special gifts to leave behind in Perry. The FMCA On-Road Quilters will donate children’s quilts to a local organization for distribution. Based on past events, it is expected that FMCA members will bring along and donate some 40 to 50 quilts.
• During the convention, used eyeglasses will be donated by FMCA members as a way of supporting the Lions’ Foundation Eyeglass Program, which helps to ensure that needy people are able to enjoy the benefits of vision correction.
• The Professional RV Vendors chapter of FMCA will be collecting nonperishable food items during the convention for donation to the Perry Volunteer Outreach organization.
• Through the Peanut Butter & Jelly Food Drive at the convention, attendees will be asked to donate food items during the event for the Loaves and Fishes group of South Houston County to benefit needy children and their families.
• FMCA will be conducting a “Purses For A Purpose” silent auction during the Family Reunion. These purses will be donated by FMCA family and commercial members, as well as national office staff, and will be loaded with goodies. Proceeds from the silent auction will benefit The Independence Fund, which assists wounded veterans and their families.
Many of FMCA’s more than 450 chapters of motorhome owners support various worthwhile causes year-round. FMCA members participate in a dues “Round Up” program that benefits Habitat for Humanity, KOA Care Camps, ProLiteracy Worldwide, and Good Will-Hinckley, organizations that provide a helping hand to families throughout the country. To date, the association has donated more than $1 million to these organizations.
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2014/02/fmca-identifies-charities-to-aid-at-perry-confab/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.