- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
Skyline Aiming for Revenue Reversal in FY 2014
Posted By Dave Barbulesco On February 17, 2014 @ 8:21 am In Breaking News | No Comments
Skyline Corp. had about a 10% net sales revenue decrease for its RV operations in 2013, according to its annual report.
The Goshen News reported that the decrease was opposite of the RV industry in general for the year, which experienced a 12.4% gain in wholesale shipments to dealers. Elkhart, Ind.-based Skyline also builds manufactured housing.
In the report the company announced it would take actions this year to turn its RV Group around. Skyline recently named Don Emahiser as president followed by the hiring of Michael Worden as director of operations and Brad Whitehead, who will serve as director of sales and marketing.
Other strategies outlined included:
• Increasing efforts to increase sales of modular homes and park models through modular housing developers and campground owners.
• Improving the process of developing homes and recreational vehicles to meet consumer preferences.
• Maintaining the number of display models at housing facilities in order to provide dealers, communities and consumers with examples of newly designed products.
• Utilizing social media to improve product exposure to customers and to better connect dealers to potential customers.
• Selling non-strategic assets to generate cash and eliminate carrying costs.
• Working with current and potential vendors to decrease costs
• Analyzing staffing needs and making reductions when considered appropriate by management.
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2014/02/skylines-rv-sales-fall-takes-steps-to-improve/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.