- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
SSI: ’13 Canadian Towable Sales Flat, Gain 3.2%
Posted By RVBusiness On February 27, 2014 @ 11:55 am In Breaking News,SSI's Retail Reports | No Comments
Year-over-year Canadian towable retail sales declined for the third straight month, down 27.9% in December, while registrations for the full year finished up 3.2%. According to the latest report from Statistical Surveys Inc., results by segment showed:
• Sales in the travel trailer sector plunged 20.6% in December but gained 7% for the 12 months.
• Fifth-wheel sales declined 38.5% for the month and 4.3% for 2013.
• Folding camping trailer registrations dropped 46.7% in December and 8.3% for the 12 months.
• Sales of recreational park trailers retreated 50% for the month and 17.5% for the full year.
Thor Industries Inc. was the overall Canadian towables sales leader for 2013 with a 35.7% market share, followed by Forest River Inc. (31.6%) and Jayco Inc. (15.5%).
To subscribe to this or other SSI reports, contact Scott Stropkai, national RV sales manager, at (616) 281-9898 ext. 128, or (616) 446-8179 (cell).
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2014/02/ssi-13-canadian-towable-sales-flat-gain-3-2/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.