- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
SSI: Towables Rise 8.5% in Dec.; 15.7% for 2013
Posted By RVBusiness On February 21, 2014 @ 12:33 pm In Breaking News,News In Focus,SSI's Retail Reports | No Comments
With all categories except folding camping trailers showing year-over-year growth in December, towable sales posted an 8.5% increase for the month and a 15.7% gain for the full year.
According to the latest report from Statistical Surveys Inc., Thor Industries Inc. stood as the towable sales leader for 2013 with a 35.9% market share, edging out Forest River Inc. (34.8%). Jayco Inc. earned the No. 3 spot with an 11.4% share. As previously reported, Forest River was No. 1 in motorhome sales for the year, garnering a 25.1% market share.
Category results showed:
• Sales for the high-volume travel trailer sector grew 6.6% in December and 16.9% for the 12 months.
• Fifth-wheel registrations rose 14.9% for the month and 16.4% for the full year.
• Folding camping trailer sales were down 12.8% in December and 0.3% year-to-date.
• Recreational park trailer sales gained 5.3% for the month but fell 8.8% for 2013.
To subscribe to this or other SSI reports, contact Scott Stropkai, national RV sales manager, at (616) 281-9898 ext. 128, or (616) 446-8179 (cell).
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2014/02/ssi-towables-rise-8-5-in-dec-15-7-for-2013-2/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.