- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
Coon Updates Members on Association Efforts
Posted By RVBusiness On March 14, 2014 @ 8:33 am In Breaking News | No Comments
Speaking to members at the Recreation Vehicle Industry Association’s (RVIA) Annual Membership Meeting, RVIA President Richard Coon discussed a number of issues on the association’s agenda that have implications for the RV industry. According to a press release, the meeting took place at the Park Hyatt Aviara in Carlsbad, Calif., on March 6.
Coon told attendees that the RV market is expected to continue its recent growth trend through 2014 based on the latest RV wholesale projections from economist Richard Curtin in the Spring 2013 issue of RV Roadsigns. “RVIA is projecting that nearly 340,000 units will be shipped this year, which would be about a 6% increase over the 2013 year-end total of 321,100 units,” he said.
He also discussed key objectives and initiatives that the association has been focusing on in recent months. These include:
• Working on the plan to open a regional office in Elkhart, Ind., in the near future.
• Establishing and strengthening relationships with influential public and private campground operators.
• Updating the NFPA 1195 standards for park model RVs.
• Implementing a new pilot program at locations in Texas, Louisiana, Oregon and Washington to “put boots on the ground” to promote industry technician training and certification programs.
• Continuing work to harmonize U.S. and Canadian RV standards by 2017.
• Lobbying to change the regulations for transport drivers needing CDL licenses to help improve the RV transport issue in the future and to exclude motorhomes from EPA and NHTSA’s Phase 2 medium and heavy duty greenhouse gas emissions and fuel economy standards.
• Continuing to work with industry members to capitalize on business opportunities found in Asia’s developing RV markets.
Coon stressed that in addition to these issues RVIA continues to also focus on representing members’ interests across a broad range of areas. “The association is working diligently everyday to help our member companies grow and succeed.”
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2014/03/coon-updates-members-on-association-efforts/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.