Spartan Recognizes ‘Top-Performing Suppliers’
Spartan Motors Inc., parent to Spartan Chassis Inc., announced that its Supplier Performance And Review Committee (SPARC) recently recognized its top-performing suppliers during the 12th Annual Supplier Conference held March 19 in Elkhart, Ind. at the RV/MH Hall of Fame.
According to a press release, Spartan honored key partners that were instrumental in its growth in 2013. Spartan posted an order intake of $536.3 million in 2013, a 9.1% increase from the 2012 order intake of $487.5 million. The company also recorded a consolidated order backlog increase of 49.8% in 2013 compared to 2012.
“Spartan is committed to achieving category-leading customer satisfaction and the highest levels of customer service,” said Jeremy Wilson, corporate director of Supply Chain Management for Spartan Motors. “Spartan’s suppliers play a critical role ensuring our success as they consistently deliver and enhance our product portfolio. We are thankful for these opportunities to collaborate and above all, value each member of our supplier network and the work they do each day.”
The companies which were recognized during the 2014 Supplier Conference exceeded the standards of excellence at Spartan include:
• Allison Transmission (Indianapolis, Ind.)
• Dana Automotive Systems Group (Sterling, Ill.)
• DTS Fluid Power (Grandville, Mich.)
• Douglas Autotech Corporation (Bronson, Mich.)
• F.B. Wright Co. (Kentwood, Mich.)
• Harris Battery Company Inc. (Bolivar, Ohio)
• Jorgensen Steel Machining & Fabrication, Inc. (Tekonsha, Mich.)
• Power Brake & Spring Service Company (Elkhart, Ind.)
• Precision Cable Assemblies, LLC (Brookfield, Wis.)
• Professional Metal Works (Haslett, Mich.)
• Vicon Fabricating Company (Mentor, Ohio)
Additional suppliers were recognized for other contributions to the company.