- RV Business - http://www.rvbusiness.com -
SSI: Canadian Towable Sales Off 12.1% for Feb.
Posted By RVBusiness On April 21, 2014 @ 9:01 am In Breaking News,SSI's Retail Reports | No Comments
Results by segment showed:
• Sales in the travel trailer sector fell 8.4% in February and 6.2% year-to-date.
• Canadian fifth-wheel sales declined 18.9% for the month and 14.3% through February.
• Folding camping trailer registrations declined 25% in February and 19.4% for the two months.
• Canadian sales of recreational park trailers, which totaled three units, were down 90% for the month and 80% year-to-date.
Thor Industries Inc. was the overall Canadian towables sales leader through February with a 35.8% market share, followed by Forest River Inc. (31.9%) and Jayco Inc. (12.6%).
Thor was also the leader in travel trailer sales for the two months holding a 33.9% market share, while Forest River was No. 2 (30.1%) and Jayco was No. 3 with a 14.3% share.
Thor was the leader in the Canadian fifth-wheel sector year-to-date, capturing a 46.9% market share, with Forest River at No. 2 posting a 32.1% share followed by Jayco at 6.2%. In the park model sector, Thor and Woodland Park were the only manufacturers to post sales.
Forest River led Canadian folding camping trailer sales for the two months with a 70.4% market share while Jayco posted a 20.4% share and Chalet RV Manufacturing held a 7.4% share.
To subscribe to this or other SSI reports, contact Scott Stropkai, national RV sales manager, at (616) 281-9898 ext. 128, or (616) 446-8179 (cell).
Article printed from RV Business: http://www.rvbusiness.com
URL to article: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2014/04/ssi-canadian-towable-sales-drop-12-1-in-feb/
Copyright © 2009 RV Business. All rights reserved.