5 RV Firms Among Indiana’s Top Companies
Five RV industry-related companies were recognized in the latest issue of Indianapolis Business Journal (IBJ) as being among “Indiana’s Top Companies in 2013,” including:
• Cummins Inc., a leading source of generators through its Minneapolis-based Cummins Power Generation division, ranked No. 3 among the Hoosier State’s public companies with $23.1 billion in 2013 revenues and 47,900 employees total, 8,500 of them in Indiana.
• Thor Industries Inc., the RV industry’s largest manufacturer now headquartered in Elkhart, Ind., came in 11th among public companies with $3.2 billion in revenues and 8,200 of its 9,300 workers based in Indiana.
• Drew Industries Inc., parent of Elkhart-based Lippert Components Inc., the recreational vehicle industry’s largest OEM supplier, received a double mention both as No. 25 on the public company roster and as No. 6 on the short list of firms posting “Greatest Profit Growth.” An employer of 5,109, Drew’s profits rose 34% between 2012 and 2013 from $37.3 million to $50.1 million.
• Patrick Industries Inc., another Elkhart supplier that has gained significant ground since the recession both through organic and acquisitive growth, is 30th among Indiana’s public companies for having posted $594.9 million in fiscal 2013 revenues. Patrick employs 1,959, according to IBJ.
• Jayco Inc., the 46-year-old, family-held, Middlebury, Ind.-based manufacturer of towable and motorized RVs, is listed 13th among the state’s largest private companies on reported revenues of $800 million. Jayco, with 2,100 workers, also posted strong growth from 2012’s gross revenues of $690 million.