New Dometic Facility is Targeting Auto Sector
Dometic Group today (June 17) announced that its commercial and passenger vehicle unit has opened a new sales and innovation center in Troy, Mich., to address the company’s growing presence in the automotive market.
Under the leadership of Director of Sales Brian Berlenbach the Michigan team will focus on the North American OEM and Tier 1 automotive market. According to a press release, the sales and engineering focus will include Dometic mobile comfort products such as thermoelectric cupholders, mini refrigerators, cooling boxes and electronic solutions for mobile devices.
“Customers are demanding more sophisticated comforts in their vehicles. Dometic’s new Michigan innovation center will enable Dometic to address this demand, while at the same time offer new custom innovations that will meet the needs for leisure and business travelers alike,” said Berlenbach. “Dometic sets itself apart with its state of the art engineering techniques, wide range of products and reputation for quality with OEM luxury automotive manufacturers, including Audi, BMW, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Volvo and others.”
The Dometic Michigan team will focus on the following products which are suitable for passenger cars, SUVs, and light trucks:
• Thermoelectric cup holders: Dometic’s thermoelectric cup holders, powered by thermoelectric technology, are a compact way to keep drinks cool in summer or hot in winter.
• On-board refrigerators: Dometic’s mini fridges keep ice cream from melting and perishables fresh on cross-country trips or short trips from the grocery store. Original equipment on-board fridges can be located in front and rear consoles or behind rear seat armrests.
• Cooling boxes: Dometic’s cooling boxes food and drinks fresh and cool and can be located in consoles and storage compartments.
• Comfort bridge: The Comfort Bridge offers a custom-designed solution to cool bottles, hold cups and store drinks or snacks. The Comfort Bridge is a sleek unit that “bridges” the front console to the rear passenger seat. It contains a cooling box with compressor, a thermoelectric bottle cooler and a thermoelectric cup holder.
• Mobile electronic solutions: Dometic provides USB charger ports and 115-volt sockets for devices that require AC power, such as phones, tablets, portable DVD players and laptops.
The new office will have sales account management, program management, engineering, and quality assurance functions.