Canadian Dealer of Year Nominations Sought
The Recreation Vehicle Dealers Association (RVDA) of Canada, in conjunction with Camping Canada’s RV Lifestyle Magazine and Camping Canada’s Dealer News, is seeking nominations from across Canada for the 2014 Walter Paseska Canadian RV Dealer of the Year Award.
Established in 1989 by Camping Canada, and dedicated to Walter Paseska for his many years of commitment and tireless dedication to the RV industry, the award is given to a Canadian RV acting dealer principal on the basis of the following criteria:
• Long-term dedication to the RV industry and promotion of the RV lifestyle by the acting dealer principal of a recognized full-service RV dealership.
• Commitment and participation in the RVDA at the provincial or national level.
• Recognition by customers and peers as a person with the highest integrity and credibility in both work and personal life.
• Contribution to the community.
The deadline for submission to RVDA of Canada’s national office is July 31. To download the 2014 nomination form and guidelines, click here.
Nomination materials can also be faxed to (604) 204-0154, e-mailed as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
RVDA of Canada
Ste. 204 – 6411 Buswell St.
Richmond, BC V6Y 2G5
Choosing a winner
A maximum of three candidates per province/region will be considered for the award. The Award Selection Committee, composed of the past five Dealer of the Year Award recipients and one representative from the award’s sponsor, Camping Canada, chooses the winner(s) from the list of nominees by secret ballot.
Camping Canada will present this year’s Canadian RV Dealer of the Year Award at the Canada Night Dinner Dec. 1 in Louisville, Ky.
The winner will be acknowledged in several ways, including:
• An etched glass award for the recipients.
• A profile story on the dealership in Camping Canada’s RV Lifestyle magazine and Dealer News.
• Presentation of a professionally-taken photograph of the recipient to the dealership.
• A paid announcement in their local papers.
• Creation of press releases and a press kit for the dealer to send to local media, to national and regional media, and to manufacturers, along with instructions for use by the dealer.
For more information, contact Eleonore Hamm at the RVDA of Canada by calling (604) 718-6325 or by e-mail at email@example.com, or by calling Jo-Ann Searls at RV Lifestyle Magazine/Camping Canada at (905) 624-8218.