Cruiser RV Introduces New Stryker Toy Hauler
Following two years of product development, Howe, Ind.-based Cruiser RV LLC has introduced its all-new 102-inch widebody constructed Stryker toy hauler travel trailer featuring what the company believes to be “the most user-inspired features in the lightweight market.”
According to a press release, the 102-inch construction can accommodate a variety of cargo including side-by-sides, ATV’s and motorcycles. Jeff Fought, president of Cruiser, noted that very careful consideration and research went into the engineering of Stryker. “Floorplans, for example, have been designed so that our 76 inches of under-bunk clearance allows for a Polaris RZR to fit, and the chairs have been designed to stow in the front hallway during transit allowing for more cargo room,” Fought said. “Tie-downs have been strategically located so a customer has maximum options in securing their load.”
He also gives credit to Cruiser RV’s sales and engineering teams for Stryker’s innovative design. “We set out to build a toy hauler for the true enthusiast, and the inspiration for that effort came from our West Coast Sales Manager Brent Macias,” Fought said. “Brent is a California native who lives and breathes this lifestyle. He’s been using toy haulers personally for over 20 years racing motocross and desert events. His input has allowed us to develop something that is extremely functional for all markets, especially the West Coast and desert markets.”
Cruiser RV focuses exclusively on the entry to midpriced travel trailer towable segments, and the new Stryker product is an extension of “that knowledge and understanding of features and specifications that this market buys.” Fit, finish and attention to detail separate Stryker from other value-priced toy haulers, the company said.
The first Stryker floorplan is a 28-foot model weighing in around 7,200 pounds, allowing for more cargo to be hauled. The company plans to offer six floorplans at introduction. From a price standpoint, Stryker is a value offering with many features and aesthetics that better resemble a higher end product. MSRP’s, including a generator and freight, will be competitive even to California.
Standard features include:
• 16-inch radial tires on aluminum wheels.
• Suspension system featuring 5,200 HD axles with 12-inch brakes, greasable wet bolts, Equa-Flex and gas piston shocks
• Massive holding tank capacity for dry camping, with 100-plus gallons of fresh water capacity and a 10-gallon water heater.
• 5,000-pound steel-mounted floor tie-downs.
• Fuel station with 30-gallon capacity and generator prep.
• Complete LED lighting package, interior and exterior, and red LED underbody ground effect lighting and cargo lights that double as reverse lights.
• Sofa slideout option that features a foldup floor to allow for more cargo clearance.
• Aluminum-framed, laminated construction with high-gloss fiberglass sidewalls and fiberglass front cap with three LED strip lights.
• Folding sidewall ladder, lighted awning with integrated speakers and a barreled interior ceiling.
• Larger 8-cubic-foot refrigerator,
• 4.0 or 5.5 Onan generator.
• Additional 18-gallon generator fuel tank.
• Kicker brand sound system.
• Sofa slideout with hinged floor system.
• Sit-N-Sleep sofa.
Macias is setting out on a thousand mile West Coast journey visiting dealers to show off the all-new Stryker product. Dealers can see Stryker and the entire lineup of Cruiser RV products at the Elkhart County Open House in September.