TripAdvisor Awards 25 KOA’s for Excellence
Founded in 2010, the Certificate of Excellence Award honors hospitality businesses that consistently achieve outstanding traveler reviews on the TripAdvisor website.
According to TripAdvisor, properties that are awarded the Certificate of Excellence demonstrate hospitality excellence and represent the “upper echelon” of businesses listed on TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel website.
Accommodations, attractions, restaurants and vacation rentals worldwide are eligible to receive a Certificate of Excellence.
TripAdvisor uses a complex algorithm that factors in a variety of user-generated content. This includes review ratings, overall ratings and the quantity of reviews. To qualify for a Certificate of Excellence, a hospitality business must:
• Maintain an overall TripAdvisor rating of at least four out of five.
•Have a minimum number of reviews.
•Have been listed on TripAdvisor for at least twelve months.
A property’s popularity ranking on TripAdvisor is also factored into the algorithm. TripAdvisor officials stated that the awards are based solely on feedback from actual guests.
KOA parks receiving the 2014 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence are:
• Astoria/Warrenton/Seaside, Ore., KOA
• Badlands/White River, S.D., KOA
• Branson, Mo., KOA
• Durango, Colo., KOA
• Gettysburg/Battlefield, Pa., KOA
• Grand Canyon/Williams, Ariz., KOA
• Saco/Old Orchard Beach, Maine, KOA
• Lake Placid/Whiteface Mountain, N.Y., KOA
• Manchester, Tenn., KOA
• Milton/Gulf Pines, Fla., KOA
• Myrtle Beach, S.C., KOA
• Natural Bridge/Lexington, Va., KOA
• Orlando/Kissimmee, Fla., KOA
• Petoskey, Mich., KOA
• Philadelphia/West Chester, Pa., KOA
• Renfro Valley, Ky., KOA
• San Antonio, Texas, KOA
• San Francisco North/Petaluma, Calif., KOA
• Santa Cruz/Monterey Bay, Calif., KOA
• Santa Fe, N.M., KOA
• Springfield/Route 66, Mo., KOA
• Sweetwater/I-75/Exit 62, Tenn., KOA
• Townsend/Great Smokies, Tenn., KOA
• West Glacier, Mont., KOA
• Wytheville, Va., KOA