Agenda Finalized for FRVTA State Convention
The 34th Annual FRVTA State Convention takes place this year at the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort in Fort Lauderdale, Sept. 4-7. The Florida RV Trade Association reported in its August edition of FRVTA News that registration is ongoing for the event.
Following Thursday evening’s reception, FRVTA will hold the opening General Session on Friday. Motivational speaker Scott Burrows, a former FSU football player and kick boxing champion, will detail how his life took a dramatic turn after he was paralyzed from the chest down in an auto accident. Despite his grim diagnosis, Scott refused to be sidelined.
Afterwards, national RV Industry leaders will enlighten attendees on the state of our industry. Speakers include:
• Richard Coon: Serving as Recreation Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA) President for the last nine years, Coon is an accomplished and articulate industry advocate who has informed members about the national RV industry at several FRVTA State Conventions over the years.
• Phil Ingrassia – President of the Recreation Vehicle Dealers Association (RVDA) president since 2012, Ingrassia joined RVDA in 1996. He served the association as vice president for communications and communications director before assuming the presidency. Besides RVDA, Ingrassia also served as director of communications for RVIA from 1991- 96. He earned the Certified Association Executive (CAE) designation from the American Society of Association Executives in 2005.
After learning about the national RV Industry, attendees will hear from FRVTA Counsel Marc Dunbar who will again moderate the annual Legislative Roundtable. This affords members the chance to learn about what happens in Tallahassee that affects the Sunshine State’s RV industry. Plenty of time will be allotted for attendees to ask questions on topics of concern and interest.
Saturday morning will include a series of breakout sessions, including:
• Advanced Social Media Strategies by Sheril Vergara of RH Power & Associates Inc.
• Creating A High Performing RV Parts Department by Rob Cochran of Camping Connection.
• Compliance at your Fingertips by S. Allen Monello, D.P.A. of the Automotive Industry Center for Excellence LLC.
• RV Retail Trends – Statistically Speakingby Tom R. Walworth of Statistical Surveys Inc.
• Time Management by Sharon Curington of the Broward County School District.
• Social Media 101 – Getting Started by Kim Curry of Sheridan Technical College and Melanie Fraser of McFatter Technical College.
Saturday afternoon will feature the annual election of state officers. That evening, bidding in the silent auction closes as the “Fair Winds” Awards Banquet wraps up the weekend.
Many regions pay some, if not all registration fees, so check with your region for its reimbursement policy. Some sponsorship opportunities are still available, and prize donations for both the silent Auction ($50 min. value) and the game show are still being accepted.
Visit our website www.frvta.org for more information.