KING has introduced two new, state-of-the-art automatic satellite TV antennas with clear covers for use with DISH and DIRECTV satellite services. According to a press release, the new, third-generation DISH Tailgater Pro for DISH (Model VQ4900) and new, second-generation KING Quest Pro for DIRECTV (Model VQ4800) are designed for use as either a portable or a roof-mounted satellite system.
The Quest and Tailgater Pro alert RVers if trees are blocking the antennas while the clear cover indicates exactly where the dish is pointing to simplify troubleshooting and ensure you’re receiving the best signal. At just eight pounds and 13 1/2 inches high, the new DISH Tailgater Pro and KING Quest Pro premium antennas are small and light like previous models, yet provide improved signal reception.
“We’ve worked for some time on this passionate project. We labored over this state-of-the-art design and worked with a team of industrial design engineers to optimize signal reception, while enhancing the overall user experience” said Craig Miller, president of KING. “Making the antenna with an industry-first, clear smoke tinted dome, while improving signal reception capabilities was no small task, but we did it.”
“As we do with all our products, KING again listened to our customers. We have spent several years working on a process to make an antenna visible within a “smoke” tinted dome. Not only is this the best-looking antenna on the market, there are also impressive changes to performance to increase signal strength”, said Vice President of Sales Matt Catlin. “KING employees endeavor every day to create premium products at an affordable price. Our Pro satellite antenna series is no exception.”
- New industrial redesign and ultramodern, clear cover offer sleek look and leading signal strength.
- Portable or roof-mountable – mounting feet included.
- Lightweight, compact design with integrated handle.
- Simple set-up – automatic satellite acquisition and switching.
- Easily viewable internal indicator lights keep you informed of antenna performance.
- Supports multiple TV viewing (requires two receivers; programming must be on the same satellite).
- Weather-resistant materials withstand extreme heat/cold.
- Dual coax output (for optimum roof-mount installation).
- Includes 50 feet of coax cable.
- Warranty: 2-year parts, 1-year labor.
The DISH Tailgater Pro (model VQ4900) antenna has a suggested retail price of $379 and the KING Quest Pro (model VQ4800) has a suggested retail price of $549. The company will begin shipping the new antennas this month.