Best Parks in America has announced its roster of special guest hospitality and business experts who will be addressing affiliates during the national network’s Inaugural Network Conference, Nov. 13-15, in Orlando, Fla.
“The speakers and business experts lined up for the conference reflect the priorities and direction of the Best Parks in America brand and the superlative independent RV resorts and campgrounds in the system,” David Gorin, president of Best Parks, stated in a news release.
• Paul M. McManus recently retired as vice chairman of Leading Ventures LLC. In this capacity, he oversaw the development of new business opportunities for The Leading Hotels of the World Ltd., and also retired as an active member of the company’s board. Previously, McManus was president and CEO of The Leading Hotels of the World Ltd., having assumed the post in January 1998.
• Laura Mandala has been helping the tourism industry harness the power of travel data and trends for nearly two decades. As the head of Mandala Research, one of the leading travel and tourism research firms in the world, she spends considerable time evaluating important emerging developments that help destinations and travel companies make the right decisions to attract the right travelers.
• Evelyne Oreskovich, consultant for the hospitality and travel industry, provides clients with expertise gained over 30 years in key roles in a wide range of entities offering reservations, distribution, and management in the global hospitality marketplace.
• Joe Opp’s career in the hospitality business goes back to 1968 when he began his career with National Airlines as a reservation manager. Opp moved into the hotel side of the business in 1982 as the vice president, marketing automation for Trusthouse Forte Hotels, a position he held until 1996. In 1995, Opp joined Leading Hotels of the World and rose to senior vice president, membership services until retiring in 2010.
• Tom Derzopolski is a principal at BowStern, a full-service marketing and communications firm offering a wide range of service including branding, advertising, design, public relations, social media and website solutions.
Best Parks in America announced the addition of four new affiliated resorts situated in “strategic locations” across the U.S., according to a press release.
The new affiliates are Elite Resorts at Citrus Valley, Orlando, Fla.; Strawberry Park, Preston, Conn.; Far Horizons 49er Village in Plymouth, Calif., and Far Horizons Tucson Village RV Resort in Tucson, Ariz.
“Four parks in four corners of the U.S. are terrific,” said David Gorin, Best Parks founder and president. “Best Parks in America is thrilled to add a park in one of the nation’s leading tourist towns, Orlando, Fla. Adding first Best Park affiliates in Connecticut and northern California and a new park in Tucson is a giant step forward for the Best Parks network.”
He added, “We hope these new Best Parks will catch the attention of park owners in other key markets and that this is the vanguard of a wave of new network affiliates in key destination areas.”
Best Parks in America (BPA), a national marketing and business development network serving the RV park, campground and outdoor recreation destination industry, announced the affiliation of Normandy Farms Family Campground, Foxboro, Mass.; Lakewood Camping Resort, Myrtle Beach, S.C.; and Twin Fountains RV Park, Oklahoma City, Okla.
“The addition of these terrific parks to the Best Parks network of outstanding parks is a major step towards the national expansion of Best Parks and its ability to meet consumer demand for high quality outdoor recreation destinations and travel parks,” said BPA President David Gorin.
“With the expansion of the Best Parks program in late 2011, starting off 2012 with the addition of these resorts is an indication that we are heading into a period of new growth for the network. We look forward to expanding the network this year and working with many park operators of highly rated parks who would benefit from affiliation,” said Gorin.
Amenities offered at the new affiliates include:
• Normandy Farms is a luxury camping destination established in 1971. The resort offers a peaceful setting, an extensive and exciting activity program, spacious full service campsites, deluxe, onsite cabin and yurt rentals. The resort’s five star amenities include a 20,000-square-foot recreation lodge with adult and activity lofts, arcade, a heated indoor pool, sauna, and fitness Center. Guests also enjoy three outdoor pools, three jacuzzis, a gift shop, camp store, business center, complimentary WiFi, a snack bar, two large playgrounds, a stocked fishing pond, an 18-hole disk golf course, as well as bocce, basketball, and volleyball courts, soccer field, nature trails, and two softball fields.
• Lakewood Camping Resort is a family owned and operated resort located along a half-mile stretch of sandy beach in Myrtle Beach. Lakewood Camping Resort has been in business for more than 50 years. Lakewood Camping Resort was named Mega Park of the Year for 2010-2011 by the National Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds. Established in 1959 by Carl and Marion Perry, the resort offers 2,000 campsites and 135 rental villas and more than 790 villas owned by individuals from all over North America and Canada. All sites feature electrical hookups, free Internet connections, free cable, 14 full-service bath houses and onsite laundry facilities. Lakewood also offers guests a wide range of amenities including an indoor pool with spa, an Olympic size outdoor pool, two kiddy pools, five stocked fresh water lakes, golf cart rentals, beachfront playground, conference center and meeting facilities with a full service kitchen and catering.
• Twin Fountains RV Park: Owned by Dow McCarty, Twin Fountains RV Park was began development in 2004, making it the newest Best Parks affiliate. Opened in October 2006 with 81 sites, the park was immediately successful and has been expanding at a rate of 10% to15% each year and now offers 152 full service RV sites. In 2010, Twin Fountains added an exercise room with additional storage area to the 7000-square-foot building which houses the office, recreation room, store, rally room, and a pizza parlor. In addition to the physical fitness center, the park’s expanded amenities include a swimming pool, hot tub, children’s play deck and water falls. The spring of 2012 will see the construction of a new miniature golf course. And plans are for the addition of a pet exercise area in the near future.
For information, please contact Deb Kohls, vice president, Best Parks in America at 714 269 1264, or email@example.com.
PathFinder OutDoor Destinations, based in Melbourne Australia, and Best Parks in America, McLean, Va., have established an international partnership for the purpose of “creating an international network to promote the growth of quality outdoor destination properties and experiences in Australia, New Zealand and the United States.”
According to a news release, the international partnership, which begins this month, brings together two leading organizations with the intention of developing a global operation promoting a lasting guest experience in an outdoor environment.
This international affiliation will provide the opportunity to develop a new sector in tourism by: cross promoting tourism for those properties involved in the affiliation; assisting operators to build business and “take their properties to the next level;” and develop a global rating criteria that promotes achievable benchmarks for operators to aspire to and ensures guests a great outdoor holiday, vacation and recreation experience.
Terry Goodall, co-founder and managing director of PathFinder OutDoor Destinations Proprietary Ltd., says that this is an industry-first where “we have two organizations prepared to think outside the square and develop an international approach to redefine the outdoor holiday guest experience.”
David Gorin, founder and president of Best Parks in America, added, “Outdoor destinations appeal to all ages from active young adventurers, families, empty nesters, and retirees. The opportunity to be in the forefront of the development of this new travel and tourism sector will give Best Parks in America affiliates and outdoor destinations around the world the opportunity to set a new standard for these kinds of recreational activities and vacation experiences.”
The partnership anticipates further expansion in 2012 to “broaden the non-competitive sharing of information for the benefit of its members and, ultimately, the consumer.”
For further information on PathFinder, contact Ed Brooker, international director, at 1-905-938-5359 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information on Best Parks in America, contact Deb Kohls, vice president, 714-269-1264 or at deb@BestParksinAmerica.com.
Best Parks in America Inc. has announced the release of its new national print directory featuring 63 highly rated RV parks and campgrounds affiliated with Best Parks in America.
The directory, RVing & Camping at the Best Parks in America, features 21 pages of park photos, descriptions, longitude and latitude and complete contact information for each park. The 63 parks are found in 23 states and Quebec, Canada.
The directory is available in each park and will be distributed at major RV rallies and camping shows throughout the U.S. The directory complements www.BestParksinAmerica.com, the online Internet directory for Best Parks affiliates. The complimentary directory can also be ordered on line at www.bestparks.com.
“We’re delighted with this first venture into a real national directory for Best Parks,” said Best Parks President David Gorin in a news release. “The publication of the directory marks another milestone in the development of this brand and is sure to help RVers and campers locate the best places to camp in America. We’re grateful to the initial group of advertisers who have helped bring this new directory to the camping and RVing public.”
Best Parks in America is a collection of highly rated RV parks and campgrounds offering RVers and campers unique destinations that exceed expectations. Founded in 2004 by David Gorin, a nationally known consultant, writer, speaker and park operator, the brand has experienced rapid growth in 2009 and 2010. Parks with a 9 total Woodall rating, a 26.5 Trailer Life rating or a Guest Reviews A rating are welcome to affiliate with Best Parks. Affiliate information can be found at www.bestparks.net and RVers and campers can view all the parks at www.BestParksinAmerica.com where they can see numerous photos of the parks, get directions to the park of their choice, and contact the parks directly through live links to each parks’ website.
Best Parks in America Inc. announced that Bella Terra of Gulf Shores (www.bellaterraRVresort.com), located in Gulf Shores, Ala., is the newest affiliate of Best Parks in America, a national network of highly rated, premier RV resorts and campgrounds.
Bella Terra is an exclusive Class A RV resort located on the “Emerald Coast” just minutes from the Gulf of Mexico. Situated on 40 pristine acres, the resort opened in November and is receiving the highest ratings and recognition from within the industry as well as from guests and visitors to the resort, according to a news release. The 176-site resort offers fully deeded ownership as well as a rental resort component that allows for daily, weekly and long term rental opportunities.
“We have worked tirelessly for almost three years to create what we hope to be the ‘best of breed’ in a family of RV resort communities and we’re truly excited to be recognized and in the company of the Best Parks in America,” said Tripp Keber, executive vice president of business development for Sagebrush Realty Development.
Bella Terra has been recognized with top honors from Woodall’s, Good Sam Club and Trailer Life Directory, and most recently Wheeler’s RV Resort Guide making Bella Terra one of the highest rated resorts in the country.
Bella Terra offers a long list of amenities including a Grand Clubhouse with a resort style infinity edge pool (shown above), a large heated spa and outdoor barbeque, a nine-acre centerpiece lake with gazebo, a putting green, bocce ball court and horseshoe pit as well as areas designated for pets. In addition to these popular outdoor amenities, Bella Terra sports a fully appointed fitness center, a business center with free Internet access, Wi-Fi access throughout the resort, washer/dryer facilities located in the “en-suite” bathhouses, a large catering kitchen as well as a private movie theater available to all guests and owners for public and private viewing occasions.
“The addition of Bella Terra to the Best Parks in America family of outstanding RV resorts and campgrounds is a significant milestone for BPA,” said David Gorin, president of Best Parks in America Inc. “We’re proud to add this beautiful new resort to the Best Parks network and know that RVers will be thrilled with this great place to vacation along Alabama’s Gulf coast.”
“We believe we are setting a new standard for facilities, service, and amenities that many RVers look for in a resort,” said Chuck Smith, president of Bella Terra Realty Holdings LLC. “We are thrilled to set the standard for resort developers and believe we are in fine company with the other resorts that constitute Best Parks in America.”
Best Parks in America is a national organization of America’s highly rated RV parks and campgrounds. There are 28 affiliated resorts in 16 states and new parks are becoming part of the expanding network each week. A complete listing of resorts can be found at www.bestparks.com.