Reflecting the company’s commitment to providing a better outdoor hospitality experience in varied lodging types, RVC USA of Memphis, Tenn., has changed its name to RVC Outdoor Destinations.
The “Outdoor Destinations” concept, created by RVC, delivers memorable outdoor vacation experiences by providing upscale hotel service at five RV resort sites in the South, according to a news release.
The company caters to RVers, outdoor enthusiasts, fishermen, eco-tourists, boaters and others who love the outdoors but also appreciate resort-like services and amenities. The properties feature unique combinations of accommodations — RV pads, cottages, floating cottages, yurts (furnished and climate controlled tents) and rentable Airstreams trailers. Property amenities and services include boat slips and launches, saline swimming pools, hot tubs, state-of-the-art playgrounds, high quality landscaping and concierge services.
RVC Outdoor Destinations currently owns and manages five destinations:
- Pine Mountain RV Resort, three miles from Callaway Gardens, in Georgia.
- Catherine’s Landing, on Lake Catherine near Garvan Gardens, Oaklawn Race Track and downtown Hot Springs, Ark.
- Carrabelle Beach RV Resort on Florida’s “Forgotten Coast” just outside of Apalachicola and St. Vincent Island Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Carrabelle Boat Club, a starting point for offshore fishing expedition or cruises to the beaches of St. George Island and Dog Island.
- Live Oak Landing, 15 minutes from Destin, Fla., with direct boat access to the Choctawhatchee Bay, Gulf of Mexico, the Intracoastal Waterway and Choctawhatchee River system.
The Pine Mountain and Carrabelle properties are now open, with Carrabelle RV Resort currently adding new features. Catherine’s Landing and Live Oak Landing are currently under construction with openings planned in mid-2010.
RVC Outdoor Destination’s website, www.rvcoutdoors.com, has been updated and contains more information on its services and properties.