Allied Specialty Vehicles Inc. (ASV), parent to Decatur, Ind.-based Fleetwood RV Inc., announced today (Jan. 4) the appointment of Peter Guile as CEO.
According to a press release, Guile replaces Randall Swift who has been appointed CEO of Heil Trailer International Co. Swift will remain as chairman of Orlando, Fla.-based ASV.
Guile, 46, most recently served as CEO of E-ONE Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of ASV and also held a board position with the company. Guile plans to continue to lead E-ONE for the immediate future as part of his role as CEO of Allied Specialty Vehicles.
“We are indebted to Randall for leading the formation of Allied Specialty Vehicles in early 2010,” said Guile. “He has developed a foundation and culture that will ensure the long term success of ASV. We are delighted that Randall will continue to be involved with ASV as chairman.”
American Coach, the luxury coach division of Fleetwood RV Inc., today (Jan. 4) announced that it added Transwest RV, based in Frederick, Colo., to its dealer network.
According to a news release, Transwest RV serves Colorado and Wyoming and will be carrying American Revolution and American Eagle lines. The retailer will also be an authorized American Coach service center.
“We are excited to welcome Transwest to the American Coach family,” said John Draheim, president and CEO of Decatur, Ind.-based Fleetwood RV. “From the showroom to the service bays, the entire team at Transwest is committed to serving their customers. This is just one of the many reasons that we’re proud to have Transwest carry the American Coach line.”
“We have seasoned, high-end customers that have been asking us to add a luxury brand to our product offering,” said Andrew Lyons, general manager of Transwest RV. “American Coach offers an attention to detail that our customers are looking for in a luxury motorhome. Add in the fact that they are just as passionate about taking care of our customers as we are, and American Coach is the perfect partner to help grow our luxury coach business.”
Located on I-25 just north of Denver, Transwest also sells and services light-, medium-, and heavy-duty trucks, specialty vehicles, horse trailers and over-the-road trailers. Transwest RV has earned an A+ rating from the Northern Colorado Better Business Bureau based on its superior customer satisfaction ratings.
American Coach products include a complimentary one-year membership to CoachNet. This service is available 24/7 and provides customers with emergency roadside assistance and other RV technical assistance.
For more information about American Coach and the entire 2012 product line, call 1-800-854-1344 or visit www.AmericanCoach.com.
Decatur, Ind.-based motorhome builder Fleetwood RV Inc. introduced its second generation of Class A diesel chassis, the Power Bridge II, during the 49th Annual National RV Trade Show concluding today (Dec. 1) in Louisville, Ky.
According to a press release, the Power Bridge II chassis is the result of collaborative efforts between Fleetwood RV’s product development and engineering teams along with its parent company, Allied Specialty Vehicles Inc., in conjunction with modular chassis components from Freightliner Custom Chassis Corp.
“Because of our relationship and collaboration with Freightliner Custom Chassis Corp. and our parent company, Allied Specialty Vehicles, we have leveraged collective experience and resources to design one of the best chassis available in the market today – one that is innovative, safe and reliable,” said John Draheim, CEO and president of Fleetwood RV.
Main attributes of the Power Bridge II chassis include a single point service center, which aids in serviceability by offering the customer a simplified single point of access to check and monitor fluids, and the use of huckbolts throughout that provide a permanent vibration-proof lock to combat high stress and maintain tension. In addition, the pass-through storage has been increased by 3% and a military-grade e-coat paint process is used, presenting a more durable finish and ultimate corrosion resistance.
“With more than 5,000 miles of most rigorous durability testing, the chassis is built with world class components such as Cummins diesel engines and Cummins Onan generators,” Draheim said. “To ensure a smooth ride, the Power Bridge II chassis includes custom shock valving, resulting in the smooth handling and luxurious ride which our customers have come to expect from Fleetwood RV.”
“We believe we’ve built a chassis that will provide the customer a truly enhanced driving experience,” said Jonathan Randall, director of sales and marketing, Freightliner Custom Chassis. “We understand that our collective years of experience as leaders in the industry, coupled with our world class customer support, will result in a superior customer experience.”
With the introduction of the Power Bridge II, Fleetwood RV will be updating all Class A diesels with the new chassis.
American Coach, the luxury coach division of Fleetwood RV Inc., rolled out new innovations and updates to its 2012 American Revolution, American Tradition, American Eagle and American Heritage Class A motorhomes during the 49th Annual National RV Trade Show in Louisville, Ky.
“We have expanded the reach for American Coach with a shorter floorplan for the Revolution, and additional new features and upgrades for our entire American Coach line-up,” said John Draheim, president and CEO of Decatur, Ind.-based Fleetwood RV, in a press release.
New models include:
• The new 2012 American Heritage 45T bath-and-a-half model boasts an industry-leading 460 square feet of interior living space. The master suite offers a spa shower with hand-laid river rock flooring, dual solid surface sinks and a walk-in wardrobe that doubles as a changing and laundry room. Fleetwood is touting the American Heritage as an iPad controlled coach, featuring a touch-screen tablet that can control lights, fans, audio/video components and the water-pump.
• The updated 2012 American Eagle 45B model is a triple-slide floorplan with 30-inch deep sliderooms for expanded living space. The master bathroom features an elegantly designed vanity with dual solid-surface sinks and increased storage. The American Eagle is available in several wood and décor choices.
• The 2012 American Tradition 42M is equipped with a 42-foot full-wall slideout, state-of-the–art cockpit with dual dash monitor design, handcrafted hardwood cabinetry, name brand appliances and new polished porcelain tile floors with decorative tile inlays.
• The American Revolution 38S model is the shortest motorhome currently available in the American Coach series. The full-wall slide, bath-and-a-half floorplan is spacious with casual entertainment seating for up to 12 people. Features include a pop-up 46′-inch Sony LCD TV that rises out of the deluxe dinette credenza, which offers a user-friendly hide-away laptop station. The interior finishes have also been updated across all décor package options to include new glass and stone tile backsplashes, grooved mirror wall art, wainscot accent molding, bedroom headboard and high-gloss polished porcelain tile floors with glass and stone decorative inserts.
Fleetwood RV Inc. has “reinvented its Excursion Class A diesel brand,” rolling out an all-new 33-foot floorplan – the shortest of the builder’s diesel pushers – during this week’s 49th Annual National RV Trade Show in Louisville Ky.
“The 2013 Excursion gives buyers a choice in an emerging Class A diesel market, without compromising on luxury or function,” said John Draheim, president and CEO of Decatur, Ind.-based Fleetwood RV, in a press release.
Great for entertaining, Excursion features a spacious galley design with polished volcanic series solid-surface countertops, glass-tile backsplash and enough space for an impressive buffet spread. With contemporary interior décor throughout, this RV features a residential-style sectional transformer sofa and dinette within a large 30-inch deep flush-floor slide. The company’s Hide-A-Loft option is also available for RVers wanting more sleeping capacity without sacrificing additional floor plan space.
The main cabin features a drop-down Sony 40-inch LCD Blu-ray ready TV that can be hidden away or prominently displayed. With a touch of a button, the TV lowers out of an overhead cabinet for a perfect viewing angle. The Excursion bedroom features a full-length mirrored wardrobe, an available washer/dryer, a walk-around island queen bed and an optional 32-inch Sony LCD TV.
Excursion debuts with two contemporary interior decors, Manhattan Ebony and Tuscany Toffee, which both feature a trendy reversible bedspread. Solid-wood cabinetry is available in a rich Classic Cognac and or Pearl White. Exterior graphics include: Copper Java, Cocoa Pearl, Gold Starfire and Platinum Frost.
Motorhome builder Fleetwood RV Inc. unveiled a front-diesel chassis option for its 2012 Bounder Classic Class A motorhome during this week’s 49th Annual National RV Trade Show in Louisville, Ky.
According to a press release, the platform represents a collaboration between Fleetwood RV and Freightliner Custom Chassis Corp. (FCCC). Fleetwood said the new, front-engine diesel adds increased power and contributes to better fuel efficiency, featuring a Cummins ISB 6.7L engine, full air suspension and air brakes.
“One of the most exciting features of the new Bounder Classic diesel is that it has air brakes and air-ride,” said John Draheim, president and CEO of Decatur, Ind.-based Fleetwood RV. “It offers a premium ride and drive, which is something our customers have been asking for.”
The diesel chassis on the Bounder Classic also eliminates the “dog-house” – a hump between the driver and passenger seats. The flat floor in the cockpit allows both the driver and the passenger to have improved access to the cockpit area. It also creates additional legroom when the chairs are swiveled to be part of the living area.
Consumer research in this product category has shown potential buyers have concerns about increased noise and heat in front-engine diesel applications, which Fleetwood said has been addressed in the new Bounder Classic. The coach features a newly engineered cockpit sub-floor and engine compartment with premium thermo-acoustic liners and insulation. The result is a driver’s cabin that is quieter and has less noise intrusion than comparable gas powered coaches at cruising-speeds.
“Once again, Fleetwood RV and Freightliner Custom Chassis Corp. have teamed up to provide our family of customers a product platform and features they’ve been asking for at a price they can afford,” said Draheim.
For more information on all Fleetwood RV products, call 1-800-322-8216 or visit www.fleetwoodrv.com.
Decatur, Ind.-based Fleetwood RV Inc., a leading producer of Class A and Class C motorhomes, announced two new programs to reward customer loyalty.
“Our customers foster a sense of community and family,” said John Draheim, president and CEO of Fleetwood RV, in a press release. “We value their loyalty, and for this reason, we have introduced two new programs – the Owner Loyalty Program and the Owner Referral Program.”
Current Fleetwood RV and American Coach motorhome owners can receive up to a $10,000 instant discount savings at the point of purchase of a new Fleetwood RV or American Coach motorhome through the Owner Loyalty Program.
With the Owner Referral Program, current owners can earn a $500 referral bonus for each referral that subsequently purchases a new Fleetwood RV or American Coach motorhome. Additionally, the referral also qualifies for an instant discount savings of up to $10,000 at the point of purchase of a new Fleetwood RV or American Coach motor home.
Both programs run through March 31, 2012, and the savings discounts apply to the purchase of an eligible new 2012 or older model year Fleetwood RV or American Coach motor home currently in-stock.
Program details are available at http://WelcomeToFleetwoodRV.com.
American Coach, the luxury coach division of Fleetwood RV Inc., has introduced its 2012 American Heritage, American Eagle, American Tradition and American Revolution lines.
“We made significant improvements to the entire American Coach lineup for 2012 with some exciting new features, unique interior decors and stunning new exterior graphics” said John Draheim, President and CEO of Fleetwood RV.
• The 2012 American Tradition is offered in two 42-foot full-wall-slide models and a 45-foot, quad-slide model, all equipped with a sleek, state-of-the–art cockpit with dual dash monitor design, six-way adjustable captain’s seats and low-profile dash. Interiors feature updated furniture styling available in new interior decors while exteriors offer two new colors. Other amenities include frameless flush-mount windows, LED ceiling lights with dimming capabilities, Villa furniture, quiet air conditioning system, polished porcelain tiled floors throughout and a Sony Blu-ray Home Theater.
• The new American Eagle features three full-wall slideout models with 30-inch deep sliderooms to create an expanded living area. Interiors feature luxurious accents with exquisite woodwork, three interior décor options, elegantly designed furnishings along with top-of-the-line Sony televisions, Blu-ray DVD and a Bose Home Theater System. Exteriors are available in two new exterior graphic packages. Updates to the Eagle also include Xite-G2 dash radio with navigation, side mounted Girard patio awning with wind retraction and frameless flush-mount windows.
• The 2012 American Heritage provides one of the industry’s largest floorplans, equipped with a 45-foot full-wall-slideout and 30-inch deep slide boxes. The new 45T floor plan boasts 450 square feet of interior living space that includes a luxury spa retreat shower and dual sinks. Also new for Heritage are three interior decors as well as three new exterior colors. Other features include Xite-G2 dash radio with truck and bus navigation routing, upgraded window valances, 46-inch mid-coach TV, LED ceiling lights with dimming capabilities and redesigned backsplashes.
• The 2012 American Revolution features the new Luxurious Graphite interior décor as well as the new Tempest exterior graphic package in new colors. Available in three 42-foot floorplans, the 42T offers a full-wall slide with rear walk-in closet; the 42W has a full-wall slide with spacious rear bath; and the 42Q is a quad-slide, side-aisle model with gourmet galley. New features for 2012 include frameless flush-mount windows, slide-out mounted Girard patio awning with wind retraction and Sony dash radio with navigation.
Recreation vehicles currently fill the parking lot of the Heart of Oklahoma Exposition Center in Shawnee, Okla.
Expo operations manager Michael Jackson expects more than $19,000 in lot rental fees from hosting the Good Sam Club RV rally this week. The center also will host a Fleetwood RV owners rally this summer.
Meanwhile, board members for the Expo Center are discussing repairs and upgrades to the parking lot, the Shawnee News Star reported.
“It would be nice for the parking lot to be fixed and the amenities upgraded,” Charlie Belew, RV owner from Wichita, Kan. said. “We come to several rallies here every year.”
Community Development and Planning Director Justin Erickson and City Engineer John Krywicki presented three landscaping options for board members to discuss.
Krywicki said the parking lot at the Expo Center would cost $1 million to resurface.
- The first option, including extensive landscaping to the entire parking lot and a grand entrance to the show barn complete with a decorative statue, would increase the cost to $1.4 million. “Just to replace the existing lot with no frills will cost $968,000,” Krywicki said. “I would not recommend just overlaying the properties.”
- The second option would landscape the parking lot south of the convention center and would increase the cost to $1.18 million.
- The third option would landscape the lot east of the convention center.
“After meeting with city commissioners we felt that the first option would hinder the functionality of the area,” Erickson said.
Kyrwicki said the landscaped areas would create natural buffer zones throughout the parking lot and would reduce the overall cost by reducing the amount of asphalt needed for the project.
The Expo Center parking lot was listed as the first priority in the capital improvement projects developed by city staff and commissioners.
“It’s amazing to be here and to see how many RVs are here,” City manager and board member, Brian McDougal said. “This is what I call economic development. We are currently working on a study to see how these conventions directly help our community.”
McDougal said the Good Sams rally attracted 300 RVs, with the larger rallies attracting more than 900 RVs.
“These are people eating in our restaurants and shopping at our stores,” McDougal said. “We have to be thinking about this facility over the next 20 to 30 years. Some of these plans would only add 20% to the maintenance cost to beautify the property. This can be done in phases and will bring people into the city.”
Jackson said the Expo received $45,000 from lot rental fees during the Family Motor Coach Association (FMCA) rally, that is scheduled to return to Shawnee in 2012.
“This facility adds to our overall economic development,” McDougal said. “We want a facility that everyone will want to come back to. We have that now, anything we do will only improve the facility.”
Fleetwood RV Inc., a leading producer of Class A and Class C recreational vehicles, today (April 13) released the activity schedule for its upcoming “Circle Your Wagons in Shawnee” national rally at the Heart of Oklahoma Expo Center in Shawnee, Okla., from June 25-29.
All Fleetwood motorhome owners, regardless of brand, are welcome to attend the event, which will include the latest line-up of motorhomes, access to factory service support, informative seminars by key industry suppliers, kids activities and a variety of family-friendly entertainment, according to a news release.
In addition, Fleetwood motorhome owners are welcome to invite friends with non-Fleetwood motorhomes to attend the event.
Activity highlights include:
- Monday, June 27 – Ice cream social and movie night.
- Sunday, June 26 – Family-friendly casino night.
- Saturday, June 25 – Golf tournament.
- Two nights of live music.
For more information, including the complete activities schedule and how to register, please visit: www.fleetwoodrv.com/mhevent.
The “Circle Your Wagons in Shawnee” national rally is supported by the Fleetwood MotorHome Association. For more information about this owner-operated organization visit: www.fma4fun.com.
McClain’s RV SuperStores is the authorized Fleetwood RV dealer for this event. For more information about McClain’s RV, visit: www.mcclainsrv.com.
For more information about Fleetwood RV and its full line of motorhomes, call (800) 322-8216, visit: www.fleetwoodrv.com or find us on Facebook.