The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA) is now accepting applications for consideration from the association’s supplier members to fill membership openings on the newly formed Foreign Affairs Subcommittee (FAS) that reports to the Standards Steering Committee.
As reported in the current issue of RVIA Today Express, the FAS was formed to investigate, deliberate and recommend policies, standards, regulations and practices relating to the international import and export of construction materials, component parts, assemblies and finished products by the RV industry.
Among the group’s responsibilities are:
- Evaluating and harmonizing foreign codes, regulations and standards with their domestic counterpart.
- Investigating policies and procedures regarding the import and export of products by the RV industry.
- Identifying import/export issues and opportunities that may impact the RV industry and RVIA member companies.
As the FAS begins its work, initial goals include:
- Creating a list of international vehicle and component standards needed for importing and exporting products by manufacturer members.
- Establishing closer coordination between NFPA 1192 and CSA Z240 committees to promote greater understanding and harmonization.
- Contacting all foreign RV trade associations to establish closer working relationships and access to codes and standards.
- Establishing closer coordination with the standards development process in China to seek harmonization between NFPA 1192 and eventual Chinese specifications.
The FAS will be composed of representatives from RVIA manufacturer and supplier companies and other interested parties. Each committee member needs to be a member of or employed by an RVIA member company.
For more information about membership on the committee, contact RVIA’s Gatie Gore at (800) 336-0154, ext. 348 or firstname.lastname@example.org.