NADAguides.com, a new and used recreation vehicle, car, classic car, motorcycle and boat pricing and information resource online, announces its 2011 third and fourth quarter Traffic Trends Report – showing growth in traffic and consumer shopping activity site wide.
The RV section saw an overall traffic increase of 10% during the second half of the year. NADAguides.com analysts note that according to a new study, 8.5% of U.S. households now own RVs, up from 8% in 2005, showing a clear rise in the number of people shopping online for these types of vehicles. In addition, a current poll of consumers on the NADAguides.com website shows 52% of people looking for a specialty vehicle are interested in RVs attributing to the increase in traffic on the site.
Other sectors showed:
• Site traffic to the motorcycle, ATVs and utility vehicle section posted an 18% increase year over year and recorded a 21% rise for the second half of the year, up from 14% during the first two quarters of 2011.
• Interest in the classic cars section grew by 13% year over year and for the last three months of the year, increased 24%, 25% and 26% respectively.
• Traffic to the automotive section peaked in August, recording the highest number of unique visitors on NADAguides.com. The automotive section on NADAguides.com experienced an overall 9% increase in unique visitors as compared to the 2010 calendar year.
• Consumer shopping interest for the boats and personal watercraft section saw an overall 10% increase in consumer traffic over the 2010 year.
Introduced in 2008, the NADAguides.com mobile site has seen a 30% increase in unique visitors during the second half of 2011. Mobile site visitors now make up 8% of all web traffic visiting NADAguides.com, which mirrors growing industry figures as more consumers research and shop for cars on their mobile devices.
Similar to the first half of the year, the total number of unique visitors to NADAguides.com continued to increase during the second half of the year at 12%. The site recorded August 2011 as its best month ever for total site traffic.
NADAguides has announced its newly designed sections on NADAguides.com and integration of tools and content.
The site redesigns launched by NADAguides.com were based on intensive research and qualitative analysis of consumer shopping habits, valuation and related data relied upon to make confident transaction decisions, according to a news release. Furthermore, behavioral trends and the true nature of how consumers interact with each respective marketplace were the key elements for the finished design.
- RVs <http://www.nadaguides.com/RVs> provides consumers with data and pricing information for travel trailers, fifth-wheels, motorhomes, camping trailers, truck campers and park models dating back to 1977. Enhancements such as manufacturer notes and model specific notes provide consumers with more in-depth information, allowing them to learn more and fully understand the values they are researching. Buying guides, campground directories, towing tips and additional resources specific to RVing are also available. The newly designed RV section has experienced an increase of 20% in unique visitors and price reports are up 22% since the beginning of the year.
- Classic Cars <http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Cars> provides original MSRP and low/average/high retail pricing for classic, collectible, exotic and muscle cars and trucks dating back to 1926 representing the most comprehensive data offering of its kind available online. The enhanced Classic Cars section allows consumers to easily find not only pricing, but buying and insurance guides, production numbers, local classic car clubs and resources specific to the collectible car market. The newly designed Classic Car section saw January uniques up 9% year over year, and price reports increased 11% for the same time period.
- Powersports/Motorcycles <http://www.nadaguides.com/Motorcycles> includes pricing and data for street, dirt and vintage motorcycles, ATVs, snowmobiles, utility vehicles, personal watercraft, side cars and trailers dating back to 1905. Additionally, consumers have the ability to compare powersports vehicles side-by-side with the newly designed Compare tool <http://www.nadaguides.com/Motorcycles/Compare> detailing pricing, pictures and specs. Consumers can also view NADAguides’ most popular comparisons across all powersports segments with a simple click. The most comprehensive new pricing and used valuation powersports data available online is presented along with resources specifically tailored to in-market powersports consumers. The newly designed Powersports section saw January uniques up 10% year over year, and price reports up 26% for the same time period.
- Boats <http://www.nadaguides.com/Boats> provides suggested list price, low retail and average retail pricing and information for power boats, sailboats, personal watercraft, outboard motors and trailers dating back to 1977 representing over 2,000 manufacturers. Boat searches can be conducted by manufacturer, model, year and boat type. Enhanced options and features selections provide consumers with the ability to accurately obtain the proper value for the vehicle they are searching for as well as boat buying, towing and ownership guides. The newly designed Boats section has experienced an increase of 31% in unique visitors and price reports are up 36% since the beginning of the year.
As the largest vehicle pricing and information website, NADAguides provides more data for more vehicles across more categories than any other online vehicle shopping resource and the site section redesigns further enhance these offerings.
Each site section now boasts an intuitive and streamlined navigation design, in-depth year, manufacturer and model notes, buying, insurance and ownership guides, shopping tools and added features such as social networking capabilities to help consumers connect with other consumers. These vehicle buying and selling tool enhancements make the research process on NADAguides.com even easier for consumers to find the vehicle information and pricing they need to make an informed purchasing decision.