Editor’s Note: The following is a list of recent RV-related recalls compiled by the U.S National Highway Transportation Safety Association (NHTSA).
• Forest River Inc.is recalling 224 2016 Cherokee Grey Wolf recreational trailers manufactured from March 23, 2015, through March 9, 2016. The Federal Placard incorrectly indicates the tire and rim size as ST205/75R15/C Tire(s) with 15X5.0JJ rims. However, the trailer is equipped with ST205/75R14/C Tire(s) with 14X5.5JJ rims. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 110, “Tire Selection and Rims.” For additional information click here.
• Starcraft RV is recalling certain model year 2016 Launch Ultra Lite trailers, model 31BHT, manufactured June 23, 2015, to Sept. 29, 2015. The entry steps may have been installed without using the proper bolts, possibly resulting in the steps loosening or separating from the trailer. For additional information click here.
• Forest River Inc. is recalling 577 2013-2016 Puma recreational trailers, models T12RBC, T15UDC, T17QBC, and T18FBC, manufactured from Jan. 1, 2013, through March 1, 2016. When the trailer hits a bump, the tire(s) may contact the floor or wheel well and result in tire damage. For additional information click here.
• Forest River Inc. is recalling 133 2015-2017 Georgetown recreational vehicles, model GTA369XLF, manufactured from Dec. 8, 2014, through March 22, 2016. A vented window was installed in the rear wall of the vehicle instead of a secondary egress window. For more information click here.
• Forest River, Inc. (Forest River) is recalling 2,052 2008-2016 Puma recreational trailers and toy haulers, models PT20RDC, PT21FBC, PT22RBC, PT26RLC, PT26FBSC, PT21TUC, PT25FBC, PT22RB, PTH21TFU, PTH24THS, PTH25TFS, PTH27SBU, PTH27RLSS, PTH25TFQ, and PTH21TFB, manufactured from June 25, 2007, through March 23, 2016. When the trailer hits a bump, the tire(s) may contact the floor or wheel well and result in tire damage. For additional information click here.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has issued the latest recalls related to the RV industry:
• Winnebago is recalling a model year 2009 Adventurer (built November 10, 2008) and certain model year 2010 Winnebago J38S commercial vehicles (built from January 2010 through April 2010). The stop lamps may be intermittent during light brake applications and also may not properly indicate that the service brakes are applied. Thor Motor Coach (TMC) is recalling certain model year 2008-2010 Outlaw and model year 2011 Avanti motorhomes manufactured from August 2007 through November 2010 for the same problem.
• Newmar is recalling certain recreational vehicles equipped with 1200 series Norcold refrigerators. A sensing algorithm or thermal switch, used to shut off power to the refrigerator when high temperatures are detected in order to prevent a potential fire, have insufficient response times.
• DRV is recalling certain model year 2011 Select, Mobile and Elite suite fifth-wheel recreational vehicles equipped with ITC 2 wire dimmer switches. The dimmer circuit board overheats during use causing the circuit board and dimmer housing to melt and deform, which may cause the lights to become inoperable.
• Starcraft is recalling certain model year 2011 Autumn Ridge AR-One, Autumn Ridge, and Lexion S-Lite travel trailers manufactured between October 29, 2010, and January 27, 2011. These trailers may have cracked bolts attaching the leveling jacks to the trailer frame which could result in the jack coming loose from the frame. Jayco is recalling certain model year 2011 Eagle, Super Lite and Jay Flight G2 travel trailers manufactured from December 9, 2010, through February 11, 2011 for the same problem.