The North American Trailer Dealers Association (NATDA) reported that its 7th Annual Trade Show, held Sept. 4-6, drew 425 dealers to America’s Center Convention Complex located in downtown St. Louis. According to a press release, this was the third year the show has returned to St. Louis.
The trade show had a total of 116 vendors and 63 manufacturer brands exhibiting, including 32 first-time exhibitors. The response prompted NATDA to expand its floorplan to 290,000 square feet, the largest in NATDA history. The first trade show in 2008 in Fort Worth, Texas, had a floorplan with 106,000 square feet, which “illustrates how much the trade show has grown over the last seven years,” the organization said.
Exhibitors told NATDA they were pleased the association “had been utilizing all of its available resources throughout the year to attract and retain more qualified dealers” to this year’s show. Comments included:
• Bravo Trailers: “We thought the show this year brought more potential dealers who were eager to buy and expand product lines.”
• Dexter Axle: “We were very pleased with our first time exhibiting at the NATDA Show. We appreciated the opportunity to take part in the Friday morning technical seminars and enjoyed the positive interactions with the dealers. It was a great opportunity for us to support the efforts of our OEM and Distributor customers.”
• Grandville Trailer: “The NADTA Trade Show is a must do event if you want to stay current on new products, learn from leaders in the industry, network with other dealers, and grow your business. I purchased Grandville Trailer 4 years ago now, was a newbie in the trailer business, and have not missed an NATDA show yet.”
NATDA announced that next year’s trade show will be held in Nashville, Tenn., at the Music City Center on Sept. 10-12, 2015. The association has already received positive feedback for Nashville next year and plans to have more information released in the next couple of weeks. Exhibitors interested in attending in 2015, can call (727) 360-0304.
“The entire NATDA team would like to thank all of our exhibitors, sponsors and dealers who made the 2014 NATDA Trade Show a success. Thank you for continuing to support our association and we hope we exceeded everyone’s expectations,” said Andy Ackerman, president and co-founder of NATDA.
The North American Trailer Dealers Association (NATDA) announced its official dealer education schedule for the 2014 NATDA Trade Show & Convention, Sept. 4-6 in St. Louis. Dealer education will be held on Sept. 4 from 12:30 p.m.-5:30 pm.
Highlights of the schedule at this year’s trade show include:
• Trailer Dealership Marketing 101, presented by Steve Whittington, vice president of marketing, Flaman Group of Companies: Whittington will provide attendees with an overview of effective marketing strategies. He asserts that advertising is only one tool of marketing, noting that marketing is everything dealers do to attract and retain customers. He will going share what he believes has worked in his many years of running and marketing at various dealerships, including his most recent experience of leading the Flaman Trailer Division to where it is today.
• Dealer Panel: Selling Trailers in Today’s Internet-Driven Marketplace, moderated by Chad Carr, president, Rainmaker Consulting: This year’s panel of trailer dealers will include short presentations by each panel member on what has worked for their dealership. Emphasis will be placed on how they are utilizing the Internet, social media as it relates to their sales and marketing efforts and how they keep their sales team at the top. There will be open discussion between each panel member, and open questions. The retail panel includes single lot and multi-lot dealers from a range of markets.
• Not All Trailers Are Created Equal; The truth About Trailer Safety, presented by National Association of Trailer Manufacturers (NATM): Consumers wrongly assume that all trailers are manufactured in accordance with the law in similar fashion to enforcement in the auto industry. In reality, such stringent enforcement is not occurring. NATM has implemented a mandatory compliance verification program for its members in an effort to fill this void and increase trailer safety for your consumers. In this session, NATM representatives will explain how dealers can keep informed about the latest regulations and safety standards for the trailer industry in order to offer the highest quality trailer to their customers.
According to a press release, the session is scheduled for April 10 (2 p.m. EST/1 p.m. CST) to learn what this year holds for the marketers in the trailer world.
“We have received many requests to host this webinar for a second time and are truly happy to see the participation we have received for our Dealer Education program” said Executive Director Jesse Battle.
The free online webinar hosted by Kent Lewis with Anvil Media will share marketing trends and techniques that will take root in 2014 and beyond. Attendees who register, will also have the opportunity to assess which tools and trends may be useful in growing your business in 2014 and beyond.
Space is limited, according to NATDA. To register click here.
The North American Trailer Dealers Association (NATDA) announced that it has officially sold out its booth space for manufacturers for the 2014 NATDA Trade Show & Convention. According to a press release, the event is slated for Sept. 4-6 at the America’s Center Convention Complex located in downtown St. Louis.
“Our association is proud to say this is the first time in history that we have sold out our manufacturer booth space before the month of April,”said Executive Director Jesse Battle.
NATDA said it will still be creating a wait list for those manufacturers who have not registered for a booth at the trade show. It will decide whether or not to expand the floorplan based upon the requests received over the next couple of weeks.
“We have a total of 59 manufacturer organizations now reserved at the trade show and approximately over 65% of our vendor booths are now reserved,” said Battle. “This reason alone is why our exhibitor floor plan has expanded to 290,000 square feet for 2014.”
NATDA advised that remaining booths are selling at a record pace, so companies should contact Karen Anderson at (310) 384-5385 or email@example.com. Also click here for further information on becoming an exhibitor.
The 2014 NATDA Trade Show & Convention represents all segments of the trailer industry, including: cargo, race car, horse, marine, dump, flatbed and toy hauler markets.
The North American Trailer Dealers Association (NATDA) has officially launched its free Dealer Training Webinars for active members.
According to a press release, NATDA’s dealer education is a member benefit helping dealers ultimately grow and increase sales for their business. NATDA plans on hosting webinars all throughout the year and currently has 7 webinars posted online.
“These are real life issues that our dealers are dealing with on a day-to-day basis and these topics have been requested by our members. We anticipate a big turnout this year,” said Executive Director Jesse Battle.
The first two webinars scheduled in March include:
• The first webinar is Managing Your People – turn your biggest frustration into your greatest resource. Scheduled for March 6 at 2 p.m., the session will provide hiring, training, managing and termination tips. Attendees will be given the proper steps involved with managing your team and business to success.
• The second webinar, set for March 20 at 2 p.m. EST, is 2014 Marketing Predications That May Transform Your Business and will focus on sharing marketing trends and techniques that will take root in 2014 and beyond. This webinar will cover emerging and maturing strategies, search engine and social media marketing, as well as measurement.
For more information and to register to attend these webinars, visit https://natda.org/site/education.
The North American Trailer Dealers Association (NATDA) announced that over 130 dealers are registered to attend the 2014 NATDA Trade Show & Convention, slated for Sept. 4-6 at the America’s Center Convention Complex located in downtown St. Louis.
According to a press release, NATDA featured a membership campaign during the month of January that involved dealers who joined or renewed their membership with NATDA would be eligible for free hotel accommodations (1 room for 2 nights, limited availability). The kick-off promotion increased membership and, for the first time, NATDA had over 130-plus registrations in January.
The 2014 NATDA Trade Show & Convention continues to grow and provides a venue where industry professionals are able to buy, sell, learn and network under one roof. To register click here.
NATDA noted that rooms are selling out quickly, so by registering now attendees will be eligible for the following:
• Free hotel accommodations at the Renaissance St. Louis Grand Hotel (1 room for 2 nights, limited availability)
• Free admission to the 2014 NATDA Trade Show & Convention.
• Free dealership education to the 2014 NATDA Trade Show & Convention.
All segments of the trailer industry will be represented at the show, including cargo, race car, horse, marine, dump, flatbed and toy hauler markets.
The North American Trailer Dealers Association (NATDA) announced that, in response to popular demand, the 2014 NATDA Trade Show & Dealership Training will be held in St. Louis for a third year.
According to a press release, exhibitor registration for the event is topping all previous records. NATDA stated, “Never before in NATDA’s history have exhibitors so quickly and aggressively secured their booths for the annual trade show, and the competition for prime booth spots is fierce.”
The 7th annual NATDA Trade Show & Convention will take place Sept. 4-6, 2014, at the America’s Center Convention Complex, which is located in the heart of downtown St. Louis. The city was originally chosen for the 2012 Trade Show & Convention because of its centralized locality, but St. Louis “has demonstrated to be more than simply an ideal location,” NATDA said.
For exhibitor registration, visit www.natda.org/tradeshow
The North American Trailer Dealers Association (NATDA) reported a 19.5% increase in dealer attendance for its 6th Annual Trade Show & Convention in St. Louis, Sept. 5-7.
According to a press release, the NATDA show has seen a continual growth in exhibitors and dealer attendees, even throughout the recession. The show started in 2008 in Fort Worth, Texas, with 106,000 square feet, and has sold out of show space every year while continuing to grow in size to its current footprint of 290,000 square feet. The number of exhibiting trailer manufacturers has grown from 46 in 2011 to 62 firms in 2013.
“Based on our polls and surveys, the free hotel rooms that were offered again this year to dealers significantly impacted the increase in dealer turnout,” said NATDA President and co-founder Andy Ackerman. “The centralized and convenient location of St. Louis helped, but the incredible support from our industry has been the backbone to our success. Now that our young association has this momentum, we aren’t wasting any time and we are already working with our Members towards a stronger, more united, further informed and profitable industry.”
The North American Trailer Dealers Association (NATDA) is setting new records selling out 292,000 square feet of show space for the 6th Annual NATDA Trade Show & Convention, slated to run Sept. 5-7 in St. Louis. According to a press release, the show has registered over 1,200 dealer personnel for the event.
“The show started in 2008 in Ft. Worth with 106,000 square feet and we have continued to add exhibit space every year and have sold out the show every year,” said Andy Ackerman, NATDA’s president. “Last year, we increased our dealer attendance by 56%, and in 2013 we again are breaking records. We already have 502 trailer dealerships registered, with one week still to go before the start of the show.”
The show will feature over 300 trailers on display by leading trailer manufacturers, and over 174 companies will be present to cater to the needs of trailer dealers all across North America.
The 6th Annual NATDA Trade Show & Convention will take place in St. Louis, Missouri on Sept 5-7, 2013, and is open and free for all dealers of any related industry to attend. The highlight of the show will be the Redneck Trailers Supplies ‘Football Funfest,’ which is taking place on Friday night. At the ‘Football Funfest,’ dealers will be able to go down on the Ram’s football field for a party and punt, pass & kick event with the St. Louis SLAM and the Ram’s cheerleaders. There will be food, drinks and fun, sponsored by Redneck Trailer Supplies.
Dealers wanting to attend the show can still register for free here by visiting http://www.natda.org/registration. On-site registration begins on Sept. 4 and costs $25 per person.
In an effort to stimulate a surge in the amount of orders written during the North American Trailer Dealers Association (NATDA) show, GE Capital Commercial Distribution Finance and participating trailer manufacturers will be offering a 90-day free floorplan promotion at the NATDA trade show. According to a press release, the convention will be held September 5-7 at the America’s Center in St. Louis.
“The NATDA show has set the wheels in motion as a buying show with an estimated $11 million in orders written at the 2012 show,” said NATDA President Andy Ackerman, noting that exhibitors had several “show specials” planned, including cash discounts, freight allowances and free floorplan programs. “It only makes sense for dealers to come to the show, look at the new models of product, and place orders. With a projected 35% increase in dealer attendance and over 50 new exhibiting companies, sales should top 20 million dollars this year.”
Guidelines for the promotion include:
• The offer will be valid only during the two show days, Sept. 6-7.
• This program is only available to trailer manufacturers that are exhibiting at the 2013 NATDA Trade Show.
• The dealers must be in attendance at the show and registered with NATDA, and orders must be written at the show.
• See participating manufacturers or visit the GE booth for more information.
• The program is subject to qualification, changes in program terms and credit approval. Financing is provided by GE Commercial Distribution Finance Corp. Nothing contained herein shall be relied upon as promise, representation or commitment to provide financing.
For more information on the show, visit www.natda.org/tradeshow.