Newmar Corp. held its 2011 Vendor Appreciation Dinner on Oct. 27 at Das Dutchman Essenhaus in Middlebury, Ind. The dinner was hosted by Nappanee, Ind.-based Newmar to recognize and honor vendors that received an excellent rating on their semiannual vendor evaluation.
According to a press release, 47 companies were represented with nearly 150 people in attendance at the annual event, now in its 14th year. Newmar said the purpose of the dinner is to show its appreciation to suppliers for the role they play in the company’s success.
At the conclusion of dinner, Newmar’s President Matthew Miller spoke about the importance of the partnerships the company has with its vendors.
“Newmar depends on you, our partners, to bring new ideas to our company in order to constantly improve the products we sell,” he said.
Before presenting the awards to the vendors honored that evening, Vice President of Purchasing Mike O’Connell spoke about the challenging business conditions the entire industry endured over the last several years and the effort and sacrifices everyone in the industry made to survive.
“Through it all, Newmar did not go out of business, file for bankruptcy, nor was it sold to anyone else,” said O’Connell. “Newmar did, however, pay its vendors when invoices were due, we paid our employees, and stood behind our warranty obligations to our dealers and customers.”
Those receiving awards were:
• Customer Service Awards: Beth Bloss (KIB), Marsha Hinson (Wesco) and Denell Reilly (Dometic Corp.)
• Salesperson of the Year: Jeremy Buckmeier – Freightliner Customer Chassis Corp.
• Delivery Service Award: Gary Singleton (Charleston Corp.)
• Engineering Innovation Award: KIB
• Top 10 Vendor Awards: Fantastic Vent (a Division of Atwood); Cass Hudson Co.; Country Road Doors; DH Machine; HWH Corp.; Medallion Plastic; Positron Corp.; Shaw Industries; Winegard; and Industrial Finishes and Systems.
• Virgil Miller Award of Excellence: Freightliner