The Recreation Vehicle Dealers Association (RVDA) will honor 18 RV brands built by eight manufacturers with its Quality Circle Award just prior to the opening of the National RV Trade Show in Louisville, Ky., on Nov. 30.
These brands/manufacturers received at least 15 dealer responses and scored 80% or above in overall dealer satisfaction in the association’s 16th Annual Dealer Satisfaction Index (DSI) survey, according to a news release.
“Dealers believe the DSI is a tool to help improve communication and the overall relationship with their manufacturers,” said Debbie Brunoforte, RVDA chairman of the board. “The survey measures dealer attitudes in key policy, product, and procedure areas that dealers say are the most important elements in their business partnerships with manufacturers.”
The towable RV brands/manufacturers receiving awards are (in alphabetical order):
- Forest River Inc.– Rockwood/Roo & Rockwood folding camping trailers.
- Jayco Inc. –Designer, Eagle, Jay Feather, Jay Flight, folding camping trailers and SUTs.
- Keystone RV Co. –Fuzion/Passport/Springdale; Montana/Cougar; and Sprinter/Bullet/Outback.
- KZRV LP –Coyote/Spree, Inferno/MXT and Sportsmen.
- Open Range.
- Palomino travel trailers and fifth-wheels.
The three motorized RV brands/manufacturers receiving awards are (in alphabetical order):
- Tiffin Motor Homes Inc.
- Winnebago Industries Inc.
Additionally, two manufacturers of two towable brands, and one motorized brand received DSI Honorable Mention awards for receiving scores of 80% or above in overall dealer satisfaction from 10 to 14 responding dealers. They are (in alphabetical order): Airstream Inc. and EverGreen Recreational Vehicles in the towable category and Itasca in the motorized category.
When rating their brands/manufacturers, RVDA asks dealers to express, confidentially, their level of satisfaction on eight core issues:
- Sales support
- Sales territory
- Vehicle design
- Vehicle reliability/quality
- Competitive price/value
- Parts support
- Dealership warranty support
- Overall dealer communications
The 16th Annual DSI survey was conducted between August and October. Three hundred and twenty-two (322) dealers responded to the DSI this year, and provided 1,644 brand ratings, an average of almost five per dealer.