The Good Sam Club, the world’s largest RV owners’ organization with nearly a million member families, has announced the recipients of its 2009 Welcome Mat awards, aimed at recognizing RV-friendly businesses for their customer service and commitment to the recreation vehicle lifestyle.
All Good Sam Club members are asked to vote for several categories of businesses they see providing RVers with superior customer service and meeting their specific needs. Awards reflect the diverse interests of RV owners, including their favorite sandwich shop, ice cream parlor, fuel and gas station, RV tow vehicle, golf course, as well as favorite sit-down restaurant, according to a news release.
Cracker Barrel, a casual family restaurant located throughout the U.S., has been named the winner of the sit-down restaurant category every year since the award’s inception seven years ago.
“Our Welcome Mat Award winners understand the needs of RVers and consistently take the extra steps to show us that they appreciate our business,” said Sue Bray, vice president and executive director of the Good Sam Club. “We congratulate all the award recipients and thank them for always making us feel so welcome.”
The following is a full list of this year’s honorees:
- Fuel/Gas Station: Flying J.
- Propane Outlet: Flying J.
- Outlet Mall: Tanger.
- Casino: Hard Rock.
- Fast Food Restaurant: Wendy’s.
- Ice Cream Parlor: Dairy Queen.
- Sandwich Shop: Subway.
- Sit-Down Restaurant: Cracker Barrel.
- Shopping Center: Wal-Mart.
- Dinghy Vehicle: Saturn.
- Tourist Attractions/Amusement Parks/Museums: Disney World, Orlando, Fla.
- Golf Course: Pebble Beach, Carmel, Calif.
- NASCAR Event: Daytona 500.
- RV Show: Tampa RV Supershow.
- State/Province to Fish: Florida.
- Good Sam Park: America’s Best Campground, Branson, Mo.
- Motor Oil: Shell Rotella.
- Pet Supply Store: PetSmart.
- Craft Store: Michaels.
- RV Accessory Store: Camping World.
- State to Visit: Florida.
- Province to Visit: British Columbia.
- Tow Vehicle: Ford.
All Welcome Mat winners will be honored in the April issue of Highways Magazine, the official publication of the Good Sam Club, and at the 2009 Rally taking place April 17 in Albuquerque, N.M.