Tom Johnson CC Gives $12K to Komen Cause

November 18, 2010 by · Comments Off on Tom Johnson CC Gives $12K to Komen Cause 

TJCC team members Gary Stroud, Mark Eisenhart and Charles Faulkner were on hand to present Susan G. Komen for the Cure with a check for $12,455.59. Accepting the check for the Charlotte Chapter of Komen for the Cure was Jane Cacchoine, Development & Race Director. In the attached photo of the check presentation are, from left-to-right, Faulkner, Eisenhart, Cacchoine and Stroud.

TJCC team members (from left) Charles Faulkner, Mark Eisenhart and Gary Stroud present Jane Cacchoine of the Charlotte, N.C., chapter of Susan G. Komen for the Cure with a check for $12,455.59.

In honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Tom Johnson Camping Center  (TJCC) in North Carolina went pink to raise money for the Charlotte Chapter of Susan G. Komen for the Cure.

Throughout the month of October, Tom Johnson Camping Center collected a portion of its gross profits for donation to Komen for the Cure. All transactions at both TJCC’s Marion and Concord locations during October contributed to the total amount raised. In total, TJCC raised over $12,400 for breast cancer research, according to a news release.

“We are absolutely thrilled with the generosity displayed by Tom Johnson Camping Center,” said Jane Cacchoine, representing the Charlotte chapter. “The fantastic thing is all this money was raised locally and 75% of it will stay local, going toward breast cancer screening, treatment, research and education in the Charlotte region. The remaining 25% goes to fund national research projects with other Komen Affiliates.”

“The amount TJCC was able to raise for Susan G. Komen for the Cure exceeded our expectations,” said Stroud, vice president of Tom Johnson Camping Center. “A big ‘thank you’ to the customers and staff of Tom Johnson Camping Center; without them, raising this amount of money would not have been possible.”

[Slashdot] [Digg] [Reddit] [Facebook] [Google] [StumbleUpon]