The Texas Association of Campground Owners (TACO) will host its annual spring conference and trade show May 6-8 at Guadalupe River RV Resort in Kerrville.
“We’ve got a great lineup of speakers and seminars and our trade show will be the best yet,” said Brian Schaeffer, TACO’s executive director and CEO, adding that the organization’s conference and trade show is the largest of its kind in the Southwest with pre-show registrations at an all-time high.
Sunday’s events include a keynote address and question and answer session with Kampgrounds of America Inc. (KOA) CEO Jim Rogers and a TACO legislative update including the latest information on ADA pool lifts. Also on tap are a special guest appearance by Texas Rep. Harvey Hilderbran – chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee – along with an awards program. Sunday’s activities will conclude with a dinner with a live band and casino-style entertainment.
TACO’s annual auction to raise funds for the association’s government affairs program will take place after dinner Monday night. The featured item will be a brand new park model generously donated by Athens Park Homes – TACO’s preferred park model provider. The association is including a $2,000 accommodations marketing package for a $30,000 value in total.
The three-day conference will also feature five educational sessions, including:
• A CPO class with William Wiedemann of Peak Energy Technology regarding recycling energy to save money.
• A CPO class with Roger Kemper of Sandler Training titled, “Loving the one you’re with” – that will focus on building repeat and referral business
• A breakout session titled, “Technology. It’s changing. Are you?” Are you presently offering Wi-Fi? Has bandwidth demand changed? What other technologies are you embracing?
• A breakout session on “Cost-Effective Marketing Techniques.” What works? What doesn’t? Print versus online. What’s right for you? Setting budgets, tracking results and innovative ideas.
• A breakout session on “Workampers.” Do you prefer workcampers or employees? How do you attract them? We’ll discuss ideas on contacts, incentives and parting company.
TACO’s trade show will take place at Kerrville’s Inn of the Hills River Resort on Monday and will feature more than 40 vendors, who will display their products and services at the Inn’s 15,000 square foot conference hall.
New vendors showcasing their products and services this year include Industry E-News; Go USA Camping; Mission Management Information Systems; and RMS North America.
The three-day event will conclude with a social mixer. For more information or to register, please visit www.tacomembers.com or call Brian Schaeffer at (817) 307-0219.