Spartan Motors Chassis Inc., a subsidiary of Spartan Motors Inc., recognized its top-performing suppliers at its 8th Annual Supplier Conference Wednesday (March 17) in Charlotte, Mich.
“Spartan strives to procure high quality products and services that are delivered on time to support daily operations, but are also innovative and add value to the Spartan Chassis product lines,” Jeremy Wilson, director of supply chain management, stated in a news release. “Spartan’s suppliers play a critical role in ensuring our success in today’s competitive environment.”
The following companies met or exceeded Spartan’s standards of excellence for 2009:
- Allison Transmission, Indianapolis.
- American Cooling Systems, Bloomfield Hills, Mich.
- Bolton Conductive Systems, Walled Lake, Mich.
- Formed Solutions Inc., Holland, Mich.
- Harris Battery Co. Inc., Bolivar, Ohio.
- Professional Metal Works, East Lansing, Mich.
- Redmer Industries, Lansing, Mich.
- Seats Inc., Westerville, Ohio.
- St. Clair Technologies Inc., Wallaceburg, Ontario.
- Titan Wheel Corp., Chicago.
- Vehicle Improvement Products, Antioch, ill.
- Wiley Metal Fabricating Inc, Marion, Ind..
The performance of Spartan’s suppliers is continually assessed and evaluated by the Supplier Performance Action Review Committee (SPARC). To meet Spartan’s standards of excellence, suppliers must meet performance criteria related to quality, delivery, customer support and competitiveness.
The SPARC awards, now in their eighth year, recognized the top 4% of Spartan’s more than 300 suppliers for their ability to perform on time and on budget.