Nappanee, Ind.-based Newmar Corp. has introduced a new wheelchair accessible floorplan designed exclusively for the Canyon Star gas motorhome line up for 2012.
According to a press release, Newmar has had numerous conversations with retail customers about their desire to purchase a wheelchair accessible motorhome. In response to their specific needs, Newmar’s engineering department has developed a new Canyon Star 3911 gas motorhome floorplan which addresses many of the features requested.
The 2012 Canyon Star 3911 features include:
• 48-inch wide power wheelchairs lift with a wired remote control.
• A 30-inch wide path from the front of the coach to the bed while the unit is in travel mode (sliderooms in) for wheelchair access.
• A large open floor area on the front side of the bed for easy access.
• The bathroom in the Canyon Star 3911 provides a large 48 x 37 roll-in shower with seat, a lavatory that is open under the bowl for use with a wheelchair and a medicine cabinet with mirrors that are placed down lower.
• Grab assist bars have been placed in the shower and around the stool.
• In the kitchen Newmar has incorporated a new cooktop and microwave combination that places the convection microwave below the cook top for easy access by a wheelchair occupant.
• The Canyon Star 3911 has a standard “L” dinette that allows seating on the side- or back-bench as well as plenty of space to accommodate a wheelchair.
• All the switches, monitor panel and EMS panel are moved from the top of the entrance door cabinet to a cabinet just behind the passenger seat for access while sitting in wheelchair.
The 2012 Canyon Star 3911 starts at a retail base price of $156,492 before options.
For more information about Newmar products, visit www.newmarcorp.com.